PDA

View Full Version : TT racing setups

custom R
07-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Im getting ready to start racing TT and I am looking for suggestions on setup for ride height or anything else that will help or maybe some pic of a R setup for TT

C-LEIGH RACING
07-15-2008, 07:59 AM
You gona be on a 250R ???

If you could find pics of one of Shane Hitts ol 250Rs would be the best to go by.

Rath Racing has the best sway bar you can buy, but its high & has different inner rods for different track conditions.
Durablue has one you can get by with, looks good buy still around 300.00.

Shocks, PEP, best you can buy, but, God knows if you can get them or afford them. You could just about buy two used 250Rs to fix up with what it cost for those three shocks. You get a set & you'll see what I mean best you can buy.
Elka is a good shock & will work real well if you dont mind sending it back to Canada a few times to get it to handling right for you.

Axle, Lonestar.

Nurf bars, AC pro pegs.

Tires, right now American racer suits most tracks we're running, Hoosiers comming back though & it wont be long before Duro has a good soft tire. The new Duro 2 ply tires are working real well on supermoto racing & you'll find they are at a good price for a set.

A arms, Walsh, at least thats what Chuckies running.
You can find a bunch of a arms on the market to get by with, painted, chromed or what ever, but the Lonestar hime end ones are right durable & will last awhile.

You want to see TT racing at it best & greatest, come to Pine Lake, Ashtabula Ohio national race this weekend.
Pine Lake is the BIG DADDY of all the TT tracks we run, you wont be disappointed.
If it dont rain, thats 3 days full of racing excitement & a open party on Saturday night, you wont forget it thats for sure.
Neil

custom R
07-15-2008, 06:53 PM
yeah im gonna give it a go on the R, I would love to check out those races in ohio but I dont think I can make it this weekend. thanks for the info. how much should I lower my quad a couple inches or as low as I can get it

RedRider23
07-15-2008, 08:14 PM
When I run my TT bike, I use the durablue lowering kit, and the rear adj. strut.

I usually lower my bike 2.5 inches in the rear, and the front is only around 1. to get more weight towards the rear.

Rath sway bar, and laeger -2 swingarm.

This is with a esr310, and it will smoke all the 450's in the money round.
We run 2 stroke open, 4 stroke open, and then we combine everybody at the end. and do a money round.

Needless to say, most of the guys around here are switching back to the 2 stroke so they can make a little money. LOL

RedRider23
07-16-2008, 12:40 AM
pretty nice reference point.

trx310R#24
07-16-2008, 03:16 AM
peps are the best spring shock.... mine are leaking i called an they are going to fix them for free

fastrnrik
07-16-2008, 08:21 AM
I have a 250R we run TT with. It was previously an MX bike, so some things aren't "strictly TT", but we've changed alot of things and it works quite well.

* LRD aluminum frame
* Laeger Pro-Trax long travel front end- probably not the ideal TT frontend, but I like it.
* Laeger -2" Swingarm- stock linkage
* 350 power valve motor built by Mystic Motorsports in Georgia. This motor is FAST and reliable, my favorite combination
* PEP shocks- we previously ran Elka's. The fronts were OK, but we could never get the rear to work the way we wanted, even after having it rebuilt by Noleen three times. I finally got sick of shipping it back and forth to get worked on and bought some PEP's. PEP's are expensive new, but look for a good used set. I see them quite often on here or ebay. They can be bought reasonably if you look around. You can have them set up for you fairly cheaply and you'll be set. I personally use SF Racing for my PEP work, and couldn't be happier- Seth is an honest guy who does good work and has a fast turnaround time. Once you get your shocks set up you won't need any of those lowering links.
* Rath sway bar. The Dura-Blue is almost the same price, so just go for the Rath. Again, if you're looking for a used one, these things are on ebay all the time
* American Racer or Hoosier tires depending on the track. I usually run American Racers on plain 'ol Douglas or ITP wheels.
* A/C nerfs

As far as ride height goes, I personally don't like my quad to be slammed on the ground low. We keep our ride height a little high and work on our setup so the bike handles good and the suspension works well. Everyones's different though, so what works well for me may not work for you.

Hope this helps.

ThrowinRoost89
07-17-2008, 11:29 PM
i have a pine lake question

a guy i work with volunteers as a flagger there for the races and he wants me to race...

im no pro racer or anything and now that im looking at the pdf files for pine lake, it doesnt look like its for the once a month racer

am i right?

and:
does pine lake have a race series that local people can race at?
i would be interested in getting onto that if they do.

custom R
07-19-2008, 12:14 AM
what kinda gearing should I run. right now I run 13/38 in tight woods and steep hills and 14/38 for more open riding