PDA

View Full Version : Air filter Poll....UNI or SPARKS

Sjorge450R
07-14-2008, 02:57 PM
I have been using a sparks filter for a little over than a year and I realyl liked it. Its just time to replace it. Now, I know alot of you guys are running UNI's. Which should I get? Another sparks or a UNI. BTW, i have the sparks ring.

Civicssuck
07-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Never have tried Sparks, but UNI seems to work for me

07-15-2008, 08:24 AM
I have the spark adaptor also. i have had 2 sparks filters come a part on me. I have since switched to UNI. They have a cage, which I like. It fits really nice in the Sparks adaptor. I keep 3 filter in rotation. I put a clean air filter in every time I ride. Then I only have to clean them every 3 rides.

Sjorge450R
07-15-2008, 05:31 PM
yea, the sparks filter came apart right where the foam meets the rubber. Prob from me twisting and squeezing it to get the oil and water out. Looks like I am going with a UNI. Thanks guys!

d3ktrix
07-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
I have the spark adaptor also. i have had 2 sparks filters come a part on me. I have since switched to UNI. They have a cage, which I like. It fits really nice in the Sparks adaptor. I keep 3 filter in rotation. I put a clean air filter in every time I ride. Then I only have to clean them every 3 rides.

The uni cage actually slips into the sparks ring?
I might have to try that setup.

Only reason I don't like Uni's is because they fall off all the time. But if u can keep the cage and use the sparks ring at the same time to hold it on thats win-win.

07-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
The uni cage actually slips into the sparks ring?
I might have to try that setup.

Only reason I don't like Uni's is because they fall off all the time. But if u can keep the cage and use the sparks ring at the same time to hold it on thats win-win.

It fits in there like it was made for it.

d3ktrix
07-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Good to know, thanks.