PDA

View Full Version : Some issues with our DRX 90...

brainwashed
07-14-2008, 01:01 AM
Our silencer will not stay in the bike. It came with screws and we then riveted it in place. The rivets were vibrated through on our dune trip this weekend and we got to use bailing wire to secure it. Niiiice. :)
What are you guys using to secure yours and does yours come loose often?

Our 90 also seems to go through plugs fast. Faster than any other bike we've owned, but when it is pulled from the bike it looks like a perfect chocolate color... it's not black and wet like most fouled plugs. Do you guys go through plugs quickly and what plug are you all running?

bulldogfallon
07-14-2008, 06:22 AM
Silencers come with rivets in place, not screws....Check with your dealer to see if they made the mod before delivering it to you.

Plugs we run B8HS

I would work on the jetting still....Your mid could still be too rich

We change our plugs often no matter what...

The B8HS is very inexpensive and readily available

brainwashed
07-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks Gary.

We used aluminum rivets, are you using steel rivets to hold yours on? The AL rivets were basically cut through.

I'll need to stock up on those spark plugs. The shops in Coo's Bay didn't carry the BH8S and we needed to find an alternative once the two BH8S fouled on our trip there.

jread14
07-14-2008, 03:49 PM
You may also check your local auto parts store for the plug. I know that Auto Zone does carry them. JR

brainwashed
07-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks JR.

rmuscle
07-14-2008, 06:38 PM
i have a ? about this topic was going to post ab out it than saw this. i have a new 08 drx50 , is my stock muffler considered to be the silencer, the reason why i ask is my sone is going to be entering his first race in a few weeks and the say silencer(muffler) must be in place , and i dont want to show up ther and have them tell me he cant because of that thanks
ron

JIM GRACE
07-14-2008, 07:34 PM
they are probably talking about stock exhaust in the limited 4-6
class, versus an after market pipe.. the drx is designed to run in
that class. if you havent modified anything major you should be good to go..

brandon's dad #55

rmuscle
07-14-2008, 08:12 PM
great thanks for info