PDA

View Full Version : adjust lrd how much??

GOTFEAR
07-13-2008, 10:08 PM
I wont mostly bottom end power so i have a lrd adjustable pipe so how for can you run it out on the adjusting nuts before you start losing power.

cdrookie
07-14-2008, 07:34 AM
adjust it all you want but you won't notice anything

fastrnrik
07-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by cdrookie
adjust it all you want but you won't notice anything

LOL. Ain't that the truth

2muchquad
07-14-2008, 09:57 PM
What..no difference?I just bought a lrd adjustable pipe a few weeks ago that i plan on using and you guys say it doesnt make a difference?:(

C-LEIGH RACING
07-15-2008, 07:17 AM
Heres how you adjust the LRD pipe.

#1, Remove the bolts holding the silencer to the subframe, take it off & lay it on the work bench.
#2, Remover the two springs from the pipe where it mounts to the cylinder & then the two nuts holding the midsection together & remove the tail section of the pipe, lay it on the work bench.
#3, Now, remove the front section from the frame best you can without bending it or denting it & lay that on the work bench.
#4, Now for the adjusting part, while its off & on the work bench, put all the sections of the pipe back together, stand back, look at it for awhile, think about it, then take the phone, call CT Racing & order a CT mx midrange chrome pipe & then send the LRD back & get your money back.
You wont find a better bottom end pipe than a CT midrange. It has god auwfull pull down low & you add high compression to the engine, talk about a surprize.

Seriously though, I've tryed to make LRD 250R pipes work & would rather install a DG pipe instead cause it would work just as good.
In LRDs defence on the other hand, one of the old design adjustable pipes for the Yamaha Blaster was the best you could buy for a mod engine. That was untill MR Vitos & LRD got together & changed its design.
Neil

atvmxr
07-15-2008, 09:04 AM
lol :D

I have one of the old LRD pipes (circa 92) and it has good low-end midrange, but as for the adjustment I cant really tell a difference after adjustments. I bought the newer LRD pipe in 97 and it was removed from my quad after a few days, sold, and I still have the old LRD on there.

Neil, between the sparks MX and the CT, which has better lowend / midrange?? common opionion was the sparks was the best there was, but interested in your opionion between the two...

peeping TOM
07-15-2008, 10:21 AM
paul turner 'race' , u can't beat em :)

chris46250r
07-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by atvmxr

I have one of the old LRD pipes (circa 92) and it has good low-end midrange, but as for the adjustment I cant really tell a difference after adjustments. I bought the newer LRD pipe in 97 and it was removed from my quad after a few days, sold, and I still have the old LRD on there.

Neil, between the sparks MX and the CT, which has better lowend / midrange?? common opionion was the sparks was the best there was, but interested in your opionion between the two...

Put the Paul Turner Type 6 in this comparison also since the original post was about "mostly bottom end ".

88 250r
07-15-2008, 04:05 PM
or you could get esr trx 6 they also have great bottom end definetley more than the lrd i know i use to have both of them

C-LEIGH RACING
07-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by atvmxr

I would have to say the CT, because it comes on hard & earlier than the Sparks. The Sparks pipe comes on just a tad later than the CT but will rev a good bit past where the CT falls off.
That CT midrange has got a pull down low like no other pipe, but you try to rev it high & it will lay down like somebody hooked a chain to you.
Now the Sparks MX, you measure that pipe out & then figure it up, aint no way it should be working like it does.
The center midsection on the sparks is around an inch longer than a CT midrange but will rev out farther than the CT, its crazy how it does that.
The Sparks though, the stingers just a tad smaller than the CT, so I guess its holding more heat & causing it to rev.
I could probably wrap the CT & it would cause it to just about mimick the Sparks functions.
Neil