PDA

View Full Version : which 450?

wvbball27
07-13-2008, 07:47 PM
right now i got a 2003 polaris trailblazer 400, and i think its time for me to switch to a geared bike. im looking into somethign in the 450 class for next year when i finally get a job since my parents wont get me one unless i help pay for it.... im gonna be using it mostly for mx and some trail riding. what do you all think?
i really dont want the yfz but i was kinda leaning towards the ltr or trx. im thinking that the ktm 525 will be a bit outa my budget. so wat does everyone think? i do plan on puttign soem money into it after i get it if that helps any.

Raptor350yamaha
07-13-2008, 08:11 PM
well since u want to ride trails the ltr would probably be too wide, unless the trails down there arent as tight as they r up here. the trx450r would be good or kfx450 if u need reverse. the r being 15lbs lighter would be a bit better for mx than the kfx.

wvbball27
07-13-2008, 08:24 PM
thats wat i was kinda thinking. im leaning more towards the ltr and trx. and the trails up here arent that tight where i ride, i was worried a bit more about ground clearance with the ltr than anyhing. i wud like for someone to try and change my mind about the kfx :devil: .

mudrunner35
07-13-2008, 08:26 PM
you're going to hear the same thing you hear on every one of these threads, that this machine is better than that because that one sucks. all i can say is sit on and try to ride all of them and buy the one you feel the most comfortable on. because people who say the 450r or the ltr is the best they mean for them, your opinion once you sit on it may differ. alot of guys on here have great advice but go with the one that you sit the best on

trx400EXtreme
07-13-2008, 08:27 PM
if you wanted you could buy the ltr, then buy and extra set of tires and wheels that are bigger so you have a GREAT mx quad. since you only ride a little trails, slap on the bigger tires for the trails so you have more ground clearence.

wvbball27
07-13-2008, 08:39 PM
okie dokie.
i kno wat you mean about everyone has there opininons.
my friend is the worse. to him nothing is better than a honda.
hes really pissed since i smoked him drag racing on his hopped up blaster by my 400 polaris, wich to him is the worse company ever. hes so bias toward honda. but i will definately do wat your talking about by going and riding each one. but for now i wanna get some advice and see wta everyone else has to say

mudrunner35
07-13-2008, 08:48 PM
from what i've been reading on the sute, the honda 450r has the cheapest afternmarket support if you want to modify it. and for your situation, i would look into an ltr 450 and put some 20 inch tires on the back and change the sprockets a tooth up or a tooth down to what you will ride the most