PDA

View Full Version : PEP Shock simple question

smyers33
07-13-2008, 07:45 PM
I just won these on ebay and was wondering how adjustable they were. Rebound? Compression? or if they even are at all. thanks

trx400EXtreme
07-13-2008, 08:05 PM
those look like the pep race series. non adjustable, but still awesome. i have a set on my 400. those are the older models. the newer models have black big bottles, but still arent adjustable. you shouldn't be dissapointed with them at all. i love mine. heres mine.

07-13-2008, 10:23 PM
they dont look to be adjustable. i may be wrong but i dont see any thing on the rezzies.

smyers33
07-13-2008, 10:26 PM
I didn't think they were oh well... i'm gonna try em out. if i'm not happy with them they'll go back on ebay.

04TRX400EX
07-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Those are not adjustable - there would be a compression adjustment knob on the top of each reservoir and/or a rebound adjustment screw or collar near the lower mount location. As others have said though, should still be great shocks as long as they are valved properly (close to your weight and riding style).

ScottB125
07-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Are all of the PEP's nonadjustable?

I would think they would be, due to varying tracks and what-nots.

NacsMXer
07-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by ScottB125
Are all of the PEP's nonadjustable?

I would think they would be, due to varying tracks and what-nots.

Not at all, just the entry-level race series are non-adjustable.

PEP offers varying levels of adjustability in their models to suit the rider's needs and budget.

You have the race series, Limited Mass (compression adjust only), ZPS (compression adjust and ride height adjust only), ARC ZPS (Adjustable rebound, compression, and ride height), and the top-of-the-line PB1 model which is like the ARC ZPS but better.