PDA

View Full Version : Need to Rebuild my Motor

jrsmith_80
07-13-2008, 05:09 PM
I need to rebuild my motor and was curious if there was a complete rebuild kit out on the market. If so could you tell me who makes it and possibly a website. I know about ebay as well so we can leave that one out. Thanks:D

honda300EXtreme
07-13-2008, 09:56 PM
theres many places who sell a complete top end rebuild kit,
but are looking to go big bore, or sticking with stock displacement
?

jrsmith_80
07-14-2008, 05:48 AM
I am not really sure at this time but I am looking for a complete engine rebuild kit that has everything from the crank up. I want to mkae sure I have everything that I need when I get started because I live out in the sticks and it is a pain in the arse o try and get parts without ordering them.

UNBROKEN
07-14-2008, 10:21 AM
wut happend to ure current motor

jrsmith_80
07-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by UNBROKEN
wut happend to ure current motor

Well I bought it used and I am not sure the previous owners took very good care of it. It leaks oil from the lines that feed the motor and also around the head cover. It also makes quite a bit of valve noise, ticking. I just thought I would do a complete overhaul this winter ad basically completely rebuild the motor and most of the bike.

initall
07-14-2008, 01:14 PM
start with the basics, changes the O rings on the oil lines into the engine.

try just changing gasket around the cover, and adjust valves and do a compresion check.

clean the carb, new plug, see how it runs after that.

The 400ex engines are very solid. I would just do that stuff first and see how it goes.

initall
07-14-2008, 01:45 PM
start with the basics, changes the O rings on the oil lines into the engine.

try just changing gasket around the cover, and adjust valves and do a compresion check.

clean the carb, new plug, see how it runs after that.

The 400ex engines are very solid. I would just do that stuff first and see how it goes.

UNBROKEN
07-14-2008, 07:53 PM
agreed ^ ure valves might need adjused and also if ure quad isnt smokin then a rebuilt really isnt nessary

jrsmith_80
07-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Unbroken and Initall thanks for the advice. I guess I should maybe have given these motors a little more credit. What is a good gasket brand to get, cometic?

initall
07-15-2008, 06:25 AM
yeah the are fine, you can probably call C&D Racing, they will get you everything you need. Plus they are a site sponser.