PDA

View Full Version : MX shock settings

BlaineKaiser450
07-13-2008, 04:51 PM
How do most of you set up your shocks for mx? Stiffer, plusher, in the middle, or whatever? Im just looking for some stuff to mess with next time i ride

Nick110
07-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
How do most of you set up your shocks for mx? Stiffer, plusher, in the middle, or whatever? Im just looking for some stuff to mess with next time i ride

it all depends on the track. You want them to be plush enough that if you over shoot a jump a little bit they will almost bottom out. If the track is whooped out you want the rebound to be fast, not slow. Play around with the adjustments at practice for a day and see what does what.

07-13-2008, 10:25 PM
i heard if you bottom out one time around the whole track then you have them tuned perfect. but again it all depends on the condition your riding in.

04TRX400EX
07-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by 450r_mayhem
i heard if you bottom out one time around the whole track then you have them tuned perfect. but again it all depends on the condition your riding in.

This is a general rule of thumb. If you never bottom out, you are not using the shocks full travel capabilities. On the other hand, if you bottom out all over the place, you are putting unnecessary stress on the components not to mention making a brutal ride for yourself.