PDA

View Full Version : Is it my clutch?

wizzade
07-13-2008, 11:49 AM
When i shift into gear and let out on the clutch I can feel a little movemet in the bike, but it will not go anywhere. It seems as if the clutch is not letting all the way out. When I let the clutch out it will not die, but I can lift the rear tires of the ground and they will spin. The clutch cable has no slack and the lever is pretty hard to pull. I tried adjusting it at the lever and could not tell a differance. Does anyone know whats going on?

mooseracerX
07-13-2008, 11:59 AM
I know you can adjust it at the clutch part below the exhaust maybe play around with that and see if you can't get it to work for ya.

zrpilot
07-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Could be a toasted clutch, but just to be make sure there is absolutely no tension being put on the clutch arm by the cable and try it again.

justin1022
07-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by wizzade
When i shift into gear and let out on the clutch I can feel a little movemet in the bike, but it will not go anywhere. It seems as if the clutch is not letting all the way out. When I let the clutch out it will not die, but I can lift the rear tires of the ground and they will spin. The clutch cable has no slack and the lever is pretty hard to pull. I tried adjusting it at the lever and could not tell a differance. Does anyone know whats going on?

mine does that i noticed when i was pulling out of the shop i droped into 1st and it rocked like 1cm forward and then back but i talked to my mechanic and he said its regular there kind of designed like the motocross bikes did you ever try and push a cr 250 when its in gear but hold in the clutch? you cant the tire skids he told me there ment to go and its no big deal i dont no if he is right or not but i have been riding mine like that for half a year and nothing is happening so..

alex10
07-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Adjust the clutch cable so there is some slack. On the engine and the perch.

JR_rivard
07-14-2008, 06:49 PM
did you replace anything in the clutch or the cable? or did it just start doing this randomly?

wizzade
07-14-2008, 07:31 PM
my friend was stuck and i was trying to pull him out. I forgot to mention that. When I unhooked from his winch I couldn't go anywhere.

wizzade
07-16-2008, 07:37 PM
adjusted it at the clutch and got it going. It still feels like it is not letting all the way out. I also notice that when I let out on the cluth the engine dosent engage until I let the clutch out about 75%. If I pull the clutch out how can I tell if it is toasted? Do I need any special tools to pull the clutch? Thanks for the replies.

rideracelivemx7
07-16-2008, 08:37 PM
if you pull it out each disk will have like arraised notches. and yes there is a tool that messures the height of each one. in the manuel if it has it, it will have the specs. there in the thousands of inches i belive. heres the manuel. its on page 120 ish for the clutch the tool is shown on page 129