PDA

View Full Version : gone lookin at a 450 with hrc, tips?

450raider
07-13-2008, 10:40 AM
im supposed to be looking at a 04 R with just a dealer installed hrc kit on it (or thats what the owner claims) tomorrow, now is there any best way to see if its done right? i already know how startup went on the R i had where you turn the choke on then pump the gas 3 or 4 times then start kickin then it would usually start on kick 1 or 2, so should an hrc one go pretty much the same way? and is there other little things to check for? to be honest when i sold mine 4 months ago i didnt think id be lookin at another this soon but it seems to be a good buy which is why i kinda question this authenticity....

thanks for any tips

KFX440ROX
07-13-2008, 02:26 PM
well you can look in my sig. and see what i have done to mine. if it is jetted right and has good compression you shouldn't have to pump the gas 3 or 4 times, i can just get on mine and kick it once and it fires right up with no choke or anything.
Things i would look for would be the frame for cracked welds, bent rims & or a-arms to tell if its been abused, look as see if oil looks clean if he never changed it the crank bearing is prolly about ready to go and if it runs good and you said you can get it cheap i would say go for it.

450raider
07-13-2008, 09:10 PM
alright thanks, we got an early look at ut and got it and other than the hrc its got a slip on and backfires ALOT on decel, did the hrc kit come with a filter? its also got some k&n lookin thing on it only it looks a little small so i dont know if thats hrc or not (might just get a machine specific uni to play it safe), and its got +2 aarms but pulls along straight lines and sticks in turns so im gonna mess with it tomorrow and see whats up with it and one thing that blows is that they gutted almost all of the electricals (keyswitch, lights, light cluster, and all in between) but dam it is fast....