PDA

View Full Version : holeshot mxr6 vs kenda claws

rideracelivemx7
07-13-2008, 12:39 AM
its been a toss up. which to get. they both look good. and the claws grew on me. most likley 20s but whats your opinions. pros and cons?

gcart2
07-13-2008, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by rideracelivemx7
its been a toss up. which to get. they both look good. and the claws grew on me. most likley 20s but whats your opinions. pros and cons?

more info please.

what terrain do you ride

rideracelivemx7
07-13-2008, 09:35 AM
everything. im not confined to one area. soft dirt to hard compact to sand to a little pavement. and a little rock. which one has a higher wear rate for above average rider?

mooseracerX
07-13-2008, 09:50 AM
I'd say the klaws myself. I haven't tryed the holeshots or do I feel that I need to. the Kenda's are made to be an great all round tire. The price I think is $20 or so cheaper per tire with the klaws.

Yippie-Ki-Yay
07-13-2008, 11:42 AM
If im not mistaken, the klaws can be turned around to make them run good in soft areas.

mooseracerX
07-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Yes you are correct. I have a set sitting right here. haha

klutch
07-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Never ridden on MXR6s but I have MXR4s on my 450R and love them. My sister's boyfriend has 2 Z400s both with Klaws on them I like thos as well but they don't hook up all that great but they do pretty well in any terrain. You can't go wrong with either and Klaws are cheaper.

07-13-2008, 02:44 PM
i would personally go with maxxis razr's

07-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Honda or DI3
i would personally go with maxxis razr's

x2

rideracelivemx7
07-13-2008, 10:48 PM
ehh im split with performace and look. yeah the razrs might perform well but i personally think they are ugly. i might go with 18s also. they will fit my ride style and only around 100 for a rear. im just trying to find a site that has them at 18". everyone else is like 19 or 20's

04TRX400EX
07-13-2008, 11:23 PM
I have not personally riden MXR4's or MXR6's but know people who race them and are quite happy with the performance. I run Klaws right now and like them a lot - they wear very well, can be flipped depending on the terrain, and cost quite a bit less than the ITP's. I have also tried the Razr's and cannot express how much I hate those tires ... they don't get traction, are very prone to punctures (at least in my experience), and don't wear well.

If you are just going to be riding for fun, go with the Kendas. If you are actually going to be racing, go ITP.

rideracelivemx7
07-14-2008, 10:14 PM
there we go lol thats the answer i was looking for. yeah i deffinetly think im going to go with the kendas. there stylish and ive heard nothing but good htings about them. cant wait to order them, but my dad took the tire changer up to our place in nh which i never have time to go there. uuhhgggg. might be a little bit hah

Pipeless416
07-14-2008, 10:55 PM
my brother and i have klaws and we can't wait till they wear out.. its taking forever haha. so in that aspect, the wear is very good, and they perform well in most conditions. my main complaint is that they have absolutely no forward bite. they slide and grip when you want them to in turns, but they will not push you forward under hard acceleration.. maybe its just time to get a blaster.. then they won't spin :p can't tell you much about the ITPs, as i have never ran them, but based on other user's opinions, they will wear much faster than the klaws.

Hondamaster5505
07-15-2008, 07:49 AM
there we go lol thats the answer i was looking for. yeah i deffinetly think im going to go with the kendas. there stylish and ive heard nothing but good htings about them. cant wait to order them, but my dad took the tire changer up to our place in nh which i never have time to go there. uuhhgggg. might be a little bit hah

Just drop em off at a local wal-mart. I used to go through the trouble of doing it myself, until I found out how cheap wal-mart is. It makes it not worth it to do it yourself.

rideracelivemx7
07-15-2008, 08:13 AM
well how much do they charge usually?

Hondamaster5505
07-15-2008, 08:21 AM

I think it was like... $15-$20 for the front tires? i dont know about the rear, probably the same.

I actually think the total was $17 for the fronts

rideracelivemx7
07-15-2008, 10:26 AM
that doesn't sound to bad. but o man. I picked up oem rears with the originals on them for a spare. and popping the bead on a 6 year old tire. lol o man was that a *****. 2 hours later and a cut off wheel finally popped the bead hah

Balaz_73*00
07-15-2008, 10:58 AM
go with the klaws.....i had mxr6s on my quad..wore really fast and not that great of traction compared to my 18in klaws. I am a firm believer in the kenda klaws....honestly dont think il go back to holeshots. Ive hear good things about the razr crosses if your looking for a mx tire. Also had razrs and wouldnt get them again

04TRX400EX
07-15-2008, 12:59 PM

Wal-Mart usually charges $5 per tire but not all of their locations have the proper mounting equipment for ATV tires.

I usually have mine done at Discount Tire. They charge $10 per but install them for free if you order the tires from them. The problem occurs if you ask them to price-match though because places like Rocky Mountain sell them for way less which causes Discount to actually lose money on the deal, so they'll try to charge you for install to make it up. Sucks.

hypersnyper6947
07-16-2008, 01:26 AM
i have 18 kendas in the rear and like them alot, they look awesome also. I do need new fronts and wanted 19s but kenda does not make them, im thinking mxr6's any comments on them for fronts. Or any suggestions on 19" front tires.