PDA

View Full Version : white brothers e-series

projectgoon1
07-13-2008, 12:27 AM
i have a white brothers e-series how do i remove the rings from the pipe and what are the pros and cons of it

projectgoon1
07-13-2008, 09:58 AM
can someone plz help me with this

drew416ex
07-13-2008, 12:21 PM
There should be I think 6 alen bolts on the back that hold the cap on. If you take of just the rear plate, making it flow through the hole instead of the plates, it will be more free flowing and give you more top end. The fewer plates that are in it, its supposed to give you more low end and less top.

projectgoon1
07-13-2008, 12:39 PM
thank you do you want more top or low

drew416ex
07-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Thats up to you. If you ride in tight trails, you may want more low end power. I ride on larger mx tracks, so had mine setup for top end. On a tighter track with lots of turns and short straits, you may want to have low to mid range. Play around with it and see what you like best.

projectgoon1
07-13-2008, 03:34 PM
i wanna do drags

NacsMXer
07-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by projectgoon1
i wanna do drags

Open it up then, for more top end.

drew416ex
07-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Open it up then, for more top end.

Well that kinda depends. Most drag races are won by the person who gets off the line better. You will just have to play with it and see what works best for you. Mine was on a built 416 so i didnt lose really any low end when I opened mine up.

NacsMXer
07-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by drew416ex
Well that kinda depends. Most drag races are won by the person who gets off the line better. You will just have to play with it and see what works best for you. Mine was on a built 416 so i didnt lose really any low end when I opened mine up.

True, it does depend... but on the flip side of the coin you can get off the line well, but not have as much power at the big end of the track. I'd be more concerned about spinning/losing traction, or wheelying off the line so I wouldn't worry about the bottom end too much. I would think that a corked-up exhaust would hurt you mid-top when drag racing however.

Rkangel7
07-13-2008, 06:09 PM
I have an E-series on my 400ex. Be careful when you remove the bolts. I don't know if they fatigue with the heat or what, but one was broken when I bought my quad, and another broke off while I was taking the cap off to check the packing.

drew416ex
07-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
True, it does depend... but on the flip side of the coin you can get off the line well, but not have as much power at the big end of the track. I'd be more concerned about spinning/losing traction, or wheelying off the line so I wouldn't worry about the bottom end too much. I would think that a corked-up exhaust would hurt you mid-top when drag racing however.

Yeah a corked up exhaust will definately hurt mid to top. But thats why i say he needs to play around with it so he can suit his riding style.

NacsMXer
07-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by drew416ex
Yeah a corked up exhaust will definately hurt mid to top. But thats why i say he needs to play around with it so he can suit his riding style.

Agreed...at least it's a fully tuneable pipe

UNBROKEN
07-13-2008, 09:33 PM
i also have the e series and u dont get more lowend power or enough to make a diffrence when changin discs , when i ran 12 discs and went to 6 i lost mid range and top end power and had same bottom end same results when i went from 12 discs to no s/a plate so it was wide open i still didnt lose any bottom end power just gained more up in the powerband , and be carful with the allen screws there cheap and will strip out , stainless steel screws on a stainless steel CAN will do that to the threads,