PDA

View Full Version : 01 warrior pops out of gear

mb01warrior
07-12-2008, 09:21 PM
i posted this in the powertrain section and figured i would do it here also.i just purchased an 01 warrior for $300.00 from a friend of mine because it has trans problems.when you ride it, it shifts ok but if you let off the throttle it pops out of gear.he said it feels like it gets stuck between 2 gears.could it be a bad shift fork?i will tear down the motor in a week when i return from out of town and see what is obviously wrong.he had already pulled the motor so i haven't ridden it myself.
thanks
mark

mb01warrior
07-23-2008, 08:50 PM
well i started tearing down the bottom end,and i found one possible problem.on the end of the shift drum is a star piece.it is held on by a phillips head screw.well that screw has loosened up enought to allow the star to wobble around.in turn the wobbling has caused the keyway to open up the slot in the end of the drum and actually broke off a piece on the end of the drum.so it looks like i need a new shift drum.i am going to tear it all the way down and see if there is any other problems but the star was loose enough that the tensioner would actually slip off the star which probably allowed it to pop out of gear.i will post more findings.
mark