PDA

View Full Version : PWK A/S Jetting

mustangguy6703
07-11-2008, 02:56 PM
I have an 87 with Boyesen Reeds, Ported and Polished, FMF Fatty, with FMF silencer. Bored 20 over with a wiseco piston. I just bought a 38MM A/S with a 170, 55 jets in it and the needle jet was put on the third notch. A/F ration is at 1 and a half out also. I put in on and it ran like crap. It would cut out if you gave it much past quarter throttle. I put the needle on the the fourth just to try it and it made it even worse. I finnaly put it on the second and it seems to run fime now. I was wondering if i did this right and if anybody has any suggestions on what might help it run better. I think that it ran better with the stock carb on it tho,is this normal?. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks alot Eric

LONG-ROD
07-11-2008, 06:33 PM
I beleive you have anouther problem, you should not have to lean it outr like that, take the plug cap off and cut it back so you can see wire, check plug gap, check to make sure you have a super clean filter, dip it in gas, what ever make sure it is clean. check reeds, and check compression, and you can take the silencer off and see if your finger will fit in the pipe, and make sure you have a clear passage threw the silencer. if that don't help make sure your carb is opening up completly, if not the needle will bleed into the main jet giveing a rich effect, and if still running like crap check the stator and CDI.

mustangguy6703
07-12-2008, 09:28 AM
I cant get the bike to idle either. when i had the stock carb on it, it ran freakin awsome. when i put the other carb back on it it runs like it always did and i dont have a bit of problem with it then.

Aceman
07-12-2008, 10:30 AM
If the carb was bought used, clean it.

Check the float height.

86 Quad R
07-14-2008, 08:24 AM
as mentioned. make sure that all else is fine before you start setting the carb up for your engine as well as setting the float level.

i'd start with a smaller pilot(48) and the needle in the center position as a base and go from there. once you've established this, do a WOT plug chop on the main jet and adjust the main jet accordingly. once the main is established recheck the pilot and needle.

btw: set the plug gap to at least .020"