PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Kfx700

spoonjay_x33
07-11-2008, 01:57 PM
I was wondering if anyone could give me some insite on what I should upgrade first on my 700? I want to start slowly upgrading it (faster, more power). My buddy has a 06 Honda TRX 450ER and he's always smokin me when we ride, I cant wait for the day I can repay the favor and I'm sure with a few mods I will be able to. Any help is greatly aprreciated.

jeemann99
07-11-2008, 03:24 PM
www.kawieriders.com

seamonster
07-17-2008, 01:03 PM
I would start with your suspension.......more power does no good if you cant control it and put it to the ground. Good luck on your build.

KTM265
10-01-2008, 08:17 PM
www.kawiecentral.com

05LSR250R
02-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Start with a clutch kit!!

hondariderdylan
02-19-2009, 02:59 PM
For what ive heard from my buddy who has one i think this is a good plan

1st: A good Suspension setup including whatever you think will help you on the type of area you ride (wider/narrower, stiffer/softer shocks, etc.)

2nd: Intake/exhuast, Pick a good aftermarket company that has a good reputation for quality (FMF, Pro Circuit, Hmf, Muzzy, Yoshi, etc.)

3rd: Assuming that the stock holeshots are still on it, when they wear out, look at the major tire brands and pick out a tire suited to your conditions(maxxis, itp, kenda, etc.)

4th: Im not too good in this area but get some information on some clutch work and have it set it up to your liking(there are several people on this site who can help you in that deparment)

5th: If thats not enough then you have options like extended swingarms, big bore kits(up to 900cc!!!:eek: ), and having major motor and suspension work done.

hope this helps

Grizzy
03-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by spoonjay_x33
I was wondering if anyone could give me some insite on what I should upgrade first on my 700? I want to start slowly upgrading it (faster, more power). My buddy has a 06 Honda TRX 450ER and he's always smokin me when we ride, I cant wait for the day I can repay the favor and I'm sure with a few mods I will be able to. Any help is greatly aprreciated.

1. New primary clutch spring. I run a Polaris White Spring, It is mild but gives good gains all over. EPI Pink or Almond are two of the other popular springs. Here is a list of springs for you:

http://www.700v.com/springchart.htm

They are cheap so you can try a few out to see which one fits your style.

2. Muzzy Pro Exhaust in combination with the 12 hole mod to the air box shown here:
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/8884/1005599smallum5.jpg

With those two mods you will be running with him and may even pull on him.

I currently have just a spring and a 6 hole mod airbox, stock exhaust and will pull a bike on a buddies 04 450r for 300ft+ then he catches and starts to pull but not by much, just the change of the spring and opening up the box a little helps this quad a ton! right there is $30 and you will be running with him.

this forum might just be your new best friend:

http://www.kawieriders.com/forums/index.php?showforum=1