PDA

View Full Version : no low end

mr digglesworth
07-10-2008, 05:47 PM
alright I bought a 06 q-racer dirt cheep with these mods:
hiper wheels, uncorked exhaust, bling star nerf bars and heel gaurds,hand gaurds,cherry bomb,full skid plates, front bumper, and took a tooth out of the front for the extra tires.
the first owner added 20" tall rear tires and 21" on the front for woods riding. now I know this quad rips at mid and top end but on bottom I would rather ride a mountain bike! oh this is coming from someone who just trashed his raptor to buy this zuki! ( best thing I ever did) but the raptor had tons of torque on tap at all RPM's. what can I do to help this 450 out? I put the stock front sprocket back in it and added 3 teeth to the rear. (havent rode it yet) I dont like putting smaller front sprockets on, that how I've broken 2 cases in my time. help me out I want 4th gear wheelies on command! yeah;)

culichi
07-10-2008, 05:51 PM
buy a nice case saver and put the 13 sporket on front...

mr digglesworth
07-10-2008, 05:57 PM
I did a "289" racing case saver. so keep the 13 front and 39 rear?
you dont think its to much? thank'x

450Rchaser
07-11-2008, 08:40 AM
fuelatv airbox and dasa pipe

mr digglesworth
07-11-2008, 04:06 PM
I need a airbox since I treet my quads like there part boat! lot of woods riding and water crossings. but I already have the top of the stock airbox cut with the outerwares water repellent ***** on it. whats up with this pipe? Dasa never heard of it.

k4f5x0r
07-11-2008, 04:08 PM
fuelatv.com

he has the best price on DASA's that i know of. they give the 2nd most power out of any pipes that i know. they are also pretty loud if thats a problem with you.

Master LTR450
07-11-2008, 05:41 PM
put a pipe and power commander on it!!! you should be just fine after that those raptors dont even stay close!!

450Rchaser
07-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
fuelatv.com

he has the best price on DASA's that i know of. they give the 2nd most power out of any pipes that i know. they are also pretty loud if thats a problem with you.

Which pipe makes the most? Every dyno sheets ive seen dasa is the way to go.

ltrracer
07-12-2008, 12:41 PM
yoshimura and dasa are very close, within 1 hp of each other, i think the dasa actually had the higher number tho. The main difference between the two pipes tho was the power curve of the dasa was alot smoother

Speed_MDS2
07-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Keep in mind that the Dasa has no spark arrestor option besides the queit core they sell for it. I know first hand that the Dasa pipe is not the best pipe with that quiet core in it. It really robs power bad. So if you need a sparky where you ride you don't want the Dasa thats for sure. With the quiet core taken out the Dasa is right at the top of the list.