PDA

View Full Version : premix vs injection ?

rmuscle
07-10-2008, 04:50 PM
new at this so learning as i go , just wondering what the differance or why its is better to run premix then injection, does it make the bike run fasterany input would be great. oh also do most of u take the electric start off and just use the kick start, i thought i read that in a post some where, and what would the reason for that be thanks
ron

forgiven
07-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Premix over injection eliminates any failure of the injection system. I can't honestly say after riding both of them brand new the other day that I can't tell the difference performance wise. The injector quads have a dual pull throttle, one for the carb and one for the oil injection. Single pull throttles are easier to push and 9 out of 10 small kids agree that is the shizzle.

We keep the electric start on but we woods ride here. Most of the MXers will disagree and I will let them tell you why they take them off. :D

LT-R450Kehoe
07-10-2008, 07:35 PM
By eliminating the oil injection you do eliminate mechanical malfunction. Now its just a matter of human error too!... Oil pump is off our DRRs.

As far as the electric start goes... Our kids run MX and we definitely got rid of the electric start. #1 reason is there is a ton of rolling mass (weight) inside that transmission. Essentially by eliminating the starter and its gears you are "lightening" the weight of the "flywheel" and creating less mass for the motor and tranny to move (faster throttle response).

Besides even when he had the electric start my boy refused to use it. He thinks he is the coolest thing since sliced bread because he has to kickstart the quad.