PDA

View Full Version : how about a AUTO CLUTCH????

GOTFEAR
07-10-2008, 04:25 PM
have you ever herd off a auto clutch for a 250r. saber racing never put theirs in production

trx310R#24
07-11-2008, 07:02 PM
why would anyone want that thats like buying a auto viper

dynofox
07-11-2008, 08:14 PM
I bought a used KLX 400 dual sport that had a rev loc auto clutch, it was ok but I sold it and installed a stock clutch set up instead. Some guys really like these kits but it wasn't for me.

chris46250r
07-11-2008, 10:01 PM
That would be like having a Corvette with a V6 in it.

morse250r
07-12-2008, 07:36 PM
are you talking a lock out for racing ? or a clutchless shift ?

trx310R#24
07-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by chris46250r

FACT lol

JIMFROMTEXCO
07-13-2008, 07:05 PM
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE AUTO CLUTCHES SUCKING? if it were like a rekluse it wouldn't be bad, there nice in the 4 strokes. might be different on a pinger.

chris46250r
07-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Maybe I'm old school or just plain old but the clutch lever is just as important as the throttle on a 2 stroke.

D Bergstrom
07-13-2008, 09:28 PM
I assume you mean something like a revloc or rekluse clutch. If that is the case, then no, I do not think anyone makes one for the 250R.

Maybe I'm old school or just plain old but the clutch lever is just as important as the throttle on a 2 stroke.

With a Revloc and Rekluse, the clutch lever works just like normal. You still have to shift thru the gears, you just do not need to touch the clutch lever at all, even for starting and stopping. If you do need to slip the clutch a little, just use it as you normally would, the clutch lever is still there and fully functional. I had a Rekluse in my old CRF. For the faster stuff I did not really think it was nessesary, but I loved it in the tight technical stuff, pretty much made it impossible to stall the bike.

Doug

rustyATV
07-14-2008, 07:22 PM
I always get a kick out of how die hard two stroke guys absolutely shun anything that would aid a rider in managing the engine.

Originally posted by D Bergstrom
I assume you mean something like a revloc or rekluse clutch. If that is the case, then no, I do not think anyone makes one for the 250R.

I've wondered, though, which year CR250 Rekluse would work on the 250R. How far back do they go in the bikes?

dynofox
07-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by D Bergstrom

With a Revloc and Rekluse, the clutch lever works just like normal. You still have to shift thru the gears, you just do not need to touch the clutch lever at all, even for starting and stopping. If you do need to slip the clutch a little, just use it as you normally would, the clutch lever is still there and fully functional. I had a Rekluse in my old CRF. For the faster stuff I did not really think it was nessesary, but I loved it in the tight technical stuff, pretty much made it impossible to stall the bike.

Doug

The revloc I had in my klx completely eliminated the clutch lever, all you did was shift (there was no override option). This is the reason I didn't like it, along with the bike being allowed to free wheel going down steep hills. The rekluse system that you are able to override the auto feature is the way to go (I believe some of the new revloc kits offer this function was well).

GOTFEAR
07-14-2008, 09:21 PM
EFM told me to send in my clutch basket and cover and would make me a auto clutch.

troybilt
11-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by GOTFEAR
EFM told me to send in my clutch basket and cover and would make me a auto clutch.

Did you ever try this? I contacted EFM today and I'm going to see what they say. Been wanting to try this for sometime now.

skyhighatv
11-30-2009, 10:07 PM
I was under the impression that the auto clutches were designed for the 4 strokes to make them more like a 2stroke in the ability to roll through corners and tight stuff without engine braking becoming a factor?

troybilt
12-01-2009, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by skyhighatv
I was under the impression that the auto clutches were designed for the 4 strokes to make them more like a 2stroke in the ability to roll through corners and tight stuff without engine braking becoming a factor?

No these are more for woods and tight twisty stuff, not really needed/useful for Dunes and MX style on a 2 stroke. Are you thinking of the slipper clutch from Hinson? The slipper clutch was to make them more like a 2 stroke.

This setup won't allow you to stall the motor, zero pull clutch at idle. You can still use the clutch like normal, but don't have too. Woods guys love them, and that's what I'm building. I'll report back when I get this completed. I've been in contact with EFM, and they'll modify my existing clutch. I just need a quick change cover... Does anyone have one for sale... and don't want and arm and a leg for it? Also, can you buy a complete clutch from Honda still? I want to keep my original clutch, for now, as is.

troybilt
12-02-2009, 07:28 AM
Not to sound like a salesman here but here are the FAQ's about a no stall auto-clutches before you jump to conclusions or preconcieved notions. I was reading up on the posts earlier and and like to point out that this is not converting a 250r to a utility machine...

I'm like most, I like popping the clutch and feathering in the corners etc.. You still can do all of that, but when the trail gets tight, the ability to take your hand off the clutch and let the auto-clutch do the feathering over logs, rocks, or around trees, this is paramount. Plus it has more holding power than a stock clutch.

Anyway, I was sold on the rekluse for my 450, but thought this would be awesome if someone would make one for the 250r. I think Saber also has one too, btw.

Good read on EFM's clutch.
FAQ Sheet;
http://www.efmautoclutch.com/faq.shtml

jcs003
12-03-2009, 02:49 AM

the first corvette was a V6

troybilt
12-03-2009, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by jcs003
the first corvette was a V6

dubbed "Blue Flame" six cylinder with a whopping 105 hp, I believe it was an in-line six, though.

86 Quad R
12-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
dubbed "Blue Flame" six cylinder with a whopping 105 hp, I believe it was an in-line six, though.

it was. :cool:

rockingkfarms
12-03-2009, 10:36 AM
The Rekluse Z Start Pro's work very well on the 450's. You can run the stock basket on the YFZ's but not the 450R's....that may be something to keep in mind for the 250R. I personally wouldn't run a XC 450 without one. But, I don't really think it's needed on a 250R. Just my opinion...