PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a song

jesseweaver
07-09-2008, 07:02 PM
not a whole song, maybe just part of one but i want to make a short little riding video maybe :30-1:00. i just want a fast paced more metal/hard rock type song with not a lot if any singing/screaming. probably a solo in some song that has a lot of good guitar and little singing. i was looking through all my songs on iTunes and didn't find any really great ones:ermm:

Hondaexboy
07-09-2008, 07:19 PM
eruption by van halen??

krt400ex
07-09-2008, 07:32 PM
try "The Bleeding" by five finger death punch. the beginning of the song has a long intro that has some cool guitar stuff and then it gets good. ill try to think of some other ones that would be good too

krt400ex
07-09-2008, 07:35 PM
another good one would be "Death Before Dishonor" by five finger death punch as well. they sing through it, but it is awesome, and i love the lyrics. it is hardcore/metal too

Robin Hood
07-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Zombie Autopilot by Unearth. Theres a good guitar solo at 1:30.

Or

Hearts Burst Into Fire by Bullet for my Valentine. It's one of their newer songs and it has little screaming and good guitar. Picks up around 40 seconds in.

Pipeless416
07-09-2008, 10:12 PM
possibly pull me under by dream theater..? when the double bass drum starts its awesome. its not really metal, but it would fit all of your other requirements..:) i also agree with the five finger death punch suggestions, but they all have singing except for the bleeding. i love the chorus to "the devil's own." also, how about nerve by soilwork? i know its used as the menu track on the fallout 2, but thats because its so awesome. or the beginning of "weapon of vanity" also by soilwork..

powermadd400ex
07-09-2008, 10:59 PM
the perfect song "94 hours" by as i lay dying
but other songs that would work are:
"this is who we are" by as i lay dying
or
"elegy" by as i lay dying
or
"smoke em if ya got me" by parkway drive
or
"its hard to speak without a tongue" by parkway drive -it has a sick intro about a minute long
or
"freak of nature" by sinisstar <---- yes that is spelled correctly

parkway drive and as i lay dying has some kickass breakdowns. and their vocalist's screams are the best.
i got a lot more songs but jus cant think of em XD

miller821
07-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
the perfect song "94 hours" by as i lay dying
but other songs that would work are:
"this is who we are" by as i lay dying
or
"elegy" by as i lay dying
or
"smoke em if ya got me" by parkway drive
or
"its hard to speak without a tongue" by parkway drive -it has a sick intro about a minute long
or
"freak of nature" by sinisstar <---- yes that is spelled correctly

parkway drive and as i lay dying has some kickass breakdowns. and their vocalist's screams are the best.
i got a lot more songs but jus cant think of em XD

I don't like Parkway Drive as much as AILD... But I do remember in drafting i'd always listen to them, since my sites were sonic walled; i'd always go to Epitaph's website and listen to a bunch on their.

powermadd400ex
07-09-2008, 11:35 PM
oh yea aild is much better than parkway drive.
aild will always be my favorite band
but parkway is much better than alot of the other so called "metal" bands floatin around there

Kawi_41
07-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Destroyer - Static X

450raider
07-11-2008, 10:19 AM
im currently working on a little 5min video and im mainly centered around "same direction" by hoobastank and "your not alone" by saosin , and anyway i always like to hear a song fist then think of shots to kinda go with it like yesterday i dont even like bluegrass but i heard this bluegrass song called 40 acres and a fool and got it stuck in my head lmao, so who knows.......

WhiteZrider
07-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Coal Chamber - Rowboat

Nice intro

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P1pZEj56vm4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P1pZEj56vm4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TRX_450
07-11-2008, 11:57 AM
pain for pleasure - sum41

its like 1:07 long and has some pretty cool guitar stuff in it

c450Razy
07-11-2008, 01:48 PM
cutsman by horse the band

very fast, and something different!

450r ride red
07-12-2008, 07:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc3HrnXXWqg