PDA

View Full Version : im looking at an 05 tomorrow

jayblazer
07-09-2008, 06:27 PM
I have wanted to get a honda sport quad since 99 when i first saw the 400ex and now tomorrow it might happen for me i have a guy bringing me an 05 450r to look at is there anything you can recomend for me to look at besides the obvious? i know to check wheels clutch brakes chain sprockets and bushings what am i missing?

trx400EXtreme
07-09-2008, 06:31 PM
always check for frame cracks.

07-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Check the frame where the upper motor mounts are welded on. Also look underneath where the foot peg mounts are welded on. That is where they crack the most.

Ask how often the oil was changed and how often the air filter was cleaned? When or if the rear axle bearing have ever been changed? Has the swingarm bolt ever been taken out and greased?

mijpa
07-10-2008, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by jayblazer
I have wanted to get a honda sport quad since 99 when i first saw the 400ex and now tomorrow it might happen for me i have a guy bringing me an 05 450r to look at is there anything you can recomend for me to look at besides the obvious? i know to check wheels clutch brakes chain sprockets and bushings what am i missing? Not sure where your from but i need to get rid of my 2007 450R perfect condition with after market parts. Make you a great deal! I live in Arizona