PDA

View Full Version : WTF blaster clutch still wont work!!!!

John451
07-09-2008, 04:14 PM
So my clutch on my blaster only slips. The plates dont look too worn. I can't pull the clutch lever in. I took it apart at least 30 times trying different things on it. I broke the pressure plate before but i got a new one and put it in, still nothing. There's some resistance. If i prop the back up and put it in gear while its running it can spin but when its on the ground nothing. When i get it adjusted without thhe srpings i can get the lever to move the plate out, but once i put the springs on i cannot pull the lever in yet it still wont catch. when i unscrew the pushrod allmost all thhe way in i can pull the lever but it doesnt do anything and the clutch slips. I'm stumped. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

CSR400EX
07-10-2008, 10:26 PM
you may have the presssure plate installed wrong. there is a mark on the pressure plate and one on the clutch basket, make sure these are lined up. if so, is the ball missing for the pushrod???

John451
07-11-2008, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by CSR400EX
you may have the presssure plate installed wrong. there is a mark on the pressure plate and one on the clutch basket, make sure these are lined up. if so, is the ball missing for the pushrod???

Haha yeah, i would not see the marks lol.. Im going to have to guess it's that. What mark is it? I made sure the ball was in, i even ordered a spare when i ordered the basket cuz i knew i would lose it.

John451
07-11-2008, 01:05 PM
WOW Thanks alot csr400ex the clutch catches but i think that the springs are too big cuz i still can't pull the clutch in. I might just try backing the spring screws out say 2 or 3 turns and see if that makes it any better. I think im way too big for the quad anyways lol. I tryed riding it without a clutch but when i sat on it the chain loosened so it just kept slippin lol. But yeah, it works great if you take the fact that you can't disengage the clutch and you have to roll it down a hill and kick it in gear while hitting the gas to take off out of the picture. Plus knowing how to shift without using the clutch helps alot.