PDA

View Full Version : Stock shock rebuild

4Wheels
12-03-2002, 04:13 PM
I have a 400ex stock shock that is blown and needs a rebuild. Is there a certain name for the shock, (I heard it was a FOX shock?)
I can not find any one to rebuild it. Ibrought it to the honda dealer and they said they dont not rebuild them. Any Information is useful......Is it worth it to rebuild?
Thanks
JZ:rolleyes:

Taco
12-03-2002, 04:21 PM
Its a Showa rear shock. Yes you can have it rebuilt. Call up the Quadshop they will do it for ya.

12-03-2002, 05:17 PM
only the rear can be rebuilt

frogburner
12-04-2002, 06:22 AM
I was going to get my rear one rebuilt after I blew it out, but just decided to get a WORKS w/rezzy.. It was much smoother than the stock rear shock.. When you get your preload adjusted on it, there's no comparison of the 2.. If you have the money and dont mind burnin it, go with an aftermarket shock..

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-04-2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by frogburner
I was going to get my rear one rebuilt after I blew it out, but just decided to get a WORKS w/rezzy.. It was much smoother than the stock rear shock.. When you get your preload adjusted on it, there's no comparison of the 2.. If you have the money and dont mind burnin it, go with an aftermarket shock..

I think it would be wiser to get a conversion done to the stock one...like from PEP, or Elka for example, a converted rear will work as good as a whole new shock, and its cheaper.

frogburner
12-04-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7

I think it would be wiser to get a conversion done to the stock one...like from PEP, or Elka for example, a converted rear will work as good as a whole new shock, and its cheaper.

I dont care if its cheaper or not,, I was just stating my own opinion.. I my belief, I believe aftermarket is a little better,, I was not telling him to buy one right now.. I dont need you quoting my 2 cents and putting on a show with it..

Dave400ex
12-04-2002, 02:58 PM
Well common sense, the new full aftermarket shocks are better, PERIOD. If money is a concern as is what in my case, just have your stock rear rebuilt. Now if you blew a stock front shock then you will have to buy new ones.

airheadedduner
12-04-2002, 03:39 PM
I run a stock rear that was done by LRD. They valved it, machined the body, and put on an eibach spring. It ads around 2inches of traval. It is awesome, with no weight I don't even run any preload casue the valveing is so spot on.