PDA

View Full Version : wheeler wont move

AJG400
07-09-2008, 09:33 AM
friend of mine had an 01 400 when he was riding it one day it acted like the clutch was slipping real bad. long story short he did the wrong thing and road it back to the house in like 4th gear but hardly moving. we just figured the clutch was toast but he took the side case off and the local mech said the splines for the clutch didnt look good. what i'm wanting to know is if that is possible and i should have the cases split and start replacing stuff or should i put a clutch in it and go from there? i'm gonna pull the clutch out and take a look and see if i can tell if the splines are gone or what. just wanting some opinions

Colby@C&DRacing
07-09-2008, 11:58 AM
He probably just really burnt the oil and heated things up. If the pressure plate and basket look ok I would replace the clutch and change the oil a few time to clean out the bottom end

AJG400
07-09-2008, 12:57 PM
pulled the clutch out and its toast. ordered a dirt digger clutch and hd springs once i get those changed ill run some fresh oil thru it then change it again hopfully thats all thats wrong. bought it for 500 bux but its nothin to look at been sittin outside for about 4 months. gonna get it cleaned up and post some pics before too long