PDA

View Full Version : BIG Race

525 Outlaw Dude
07-08-2008, 10:52 PM
okay I have a serious question here!!! I have a guy that is a *** hole and needs to be put in his place, I need top 20 engine mods/combo's that will blow his socks away and were to get a set of four shocks that are at a good price! Im calling all cars here people this is for me and the rest of my friends that have to deal with him, anything will help!!!!
****Race Specs****
1/4 mile drag race "paved" up my road to graval/dirt power lines 5 miles race to end and back to pavement

******My Outlaw 525irs******
CT Racing Pipe
K&N Filter

******what Ryan Has******
TRX450 with mild cam and baffle tooken out
Stock outlaw 525irs
P.S He could pull anything out of his hand, he has the money!! but i have the knowledge and you guys!!!! :devious:

OutlawBill
07-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Cam $180, head work $600, have carb bored out to 41 or 42mm $300, taller gears 15/38 or 16/38 $40, big bore kit $800 , Vortex CDI $500. the cam, head work and big bore kit install will add labor cost of $700

eerhard09
07-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Actually the carb boring is only $150 from Cut7 on ktmtalk.com and the cams are only $125 from ktmtalk.com as well....

The 540 kit from KTM is $800 but if you ge the jug bored out to 540 it is only a $470 price and bored with a sleeve to a 570 is $670 (plus installation on all three of those). If you are doing a big bore, you may as well change the cam as well since the cam chain needs to be broken to do it. No sense in breaking the chain twice! Basically about $1000 will get you a 570, cams, and carb bore. This should put you well into the low/mid 50's hp and should absolutely fly!

somewon
07-09-2008, 09:22 AM
I would suggest going out to where you race when nobody is around and start throwing some nice big rocks in the trail. Either that or go out with a shovel and start digging some ditches.

That would be the cheaper option. :D :D

525 Outlaw Dude
07-09-2008, 07:20 PM
I'll post reports in a few weeks, he thinks that he is the hole world because he has been riding quads since he was like 17, but Im 17 and have been riding for the last 13 years and on top of that i ride this stretch of road for the last 5 years and know every little detial!!! :)
-This is what i dicided on, Im going to buy the 540BigBore Kit with the 97mm and a 12.5:1 piston from wisco with the piston coating, going to get a Stage 2 Cam with the kit which will give me a strong Mid-Range and will be more suited for open riding, Im going to order the ScaryFast PowerShot for quicker stronger power and instant throttle response! All adding up to $675.00 plus shipping there to get it bored, All kits include every thing needed for installation. Bored and plated Cylinder, piston kit, top end gasket set and cam chin link and other customer options of choice! And a PWR Performance radiator for better cooling and a few more things!

http://www.roadrashmotorsports.com/KTM-BIG-BORE-KIT-450-520-p/roughhouse_big_bore_kit_520.htm

http://www.scaryfastracing.net/
:) :)

SSJEFF
07-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Nitrous!!!!!

It is the cheap way to go.

sheriff525
07-09-2008, 11:18 PM
That sounds awesome. Should be stupid fast! What power now system did you get because i couldn't find it. I asume it is the one for the KTM bike.

525 Outlaw Dude
07-10-2008, 12:41 AM
go to the link to scary fast that i listed and go down on the page, it has a thing called the power shot and it fits all fcr carbs

OutlawBill
07-10-2008, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by 525 Outlaw Dude
go to the link to scary fast that i listed and go down on the page, it has a thing called the power shot and it fits all fcr carbs I would go with the R&D Power Pump it works better than the Power shot I have had both I sold the Power Shot.

http://www.r1dean.com/

cmpearce
07-11-2008, 09:30 AM
for the suspension . i think the place is called willson racing .they are IRS experts, revalve and resprung.. there is more info about them over on predatorowners.com..a slower machine can beat a faster quad if the guy is faster in the turns. i worked on a 450r for my cousin. that thing could just corner awsome. but in the rough stuff my predator was better. if it is wide open, mabee gear higher.don't hurt yourself it is just a race and not worth getting hurt over.good luck

eerhard09
07-11-2008, 11:40 AM
HLS Suspension will have shocks out within a month for the Outlaws!

HLS Suspension (http://www.hlssuspension.com/main.htm)