PDA

View Full Version : wichita kansas?

sparksmakefire
07-08-2008, 06:34 PM
ok my parents are wanting to move to kansas because of their truck driving job. im sure theres people here from there... how big is it? and whats there to do there?

TRX_450
07-08-2008, 07:01 PM
theres a track 2-3 miles outside of town. one of the bigger tracks in ks and also is very quad friendly. the towns pretty good sized. try kansaspowersports.com....its a forum for ks riders and theres guys from wichita i believe

trx400EXtreme
07-08-2008, 07:06 PM
m yuncle used to live in wichita. its a pretty cool little town.

sparksmakefire
07-08-2008, 07:15 PM
about how many people are there? 10k? 20k? 500? lol i wanna make sure im not moving out in the sticks some place.

07-08-2008, 07:28 PM
The dirt at the tracks should be way different. I don't know how far south wichita is, but you might be getting into the red clay dirt.

trx400EXtreme
07-08-2008, 07:30 PM
its pretty big. probably like 300-350,000 people.

sparksmakefire
07-08-2008, 07:43 PM
ok cool. by far the biggest town ive ever lived in!!! time to go cougar hunting :D lol im used to these little towns like 5000 people.

07-08-2008, 07:53 PM
well you will be famous for living in the town the movie Twister takes place in lol

smr
07-09-2008, 06:16 AM
I got an old army buddy that lives just outside of wichita. We drive out once a year and go with them to Little Sahara (about 200 miles from wichita). He rides at a place called Jeeps and on his parents farm.

The dirt out there is black.

bwamos
07-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Witchita is a great town. I'm not from there but I've spent a lot of time there. Small town enviroment w/ a lot of people.. lol.

There's quite a few places to ride around there. Even more great places (some of my favorite) if you're willing to travel 2-3 hours. (little sahara, chadwick, etc..)

City is about 350,000. Metro area is about 600,000.

McConnell AFB and the Boeing Plant are there.

You could always visit HiPer wheels. ;) They are right off I-35 near the Boeing plant.

You're also 1/2 way between Kansas City and Oklahoma City. About 2hrs +/- to either one. You're also only a couple hours from Branson, MO if you're looking for some hillbilly entertainment. ;)

smr
07-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
Branson, MO if you're looking for some hillbilly entertainment. ;)

I agree on everything but this, you ain't gonna make Branson in 2 hours from wichita unless your in plane. They are 300 miles apart. I just made this drive last week on our way back from Little Sahara and it will take you about 5 hours.

sparksmakefire
07-09-2008, 09:38 AM
yeah i know allllllll about branson MO. i used to live just east of springfield missouri. i got me a season pass to SDC and my sister and i went EVERY weekend that summer. its good to know im not that far from little sahara. i love riding the dunes. right now im about 45 minutes from st. anthony. my parents drive a truck from LA to wichita. haulingairplane parts back and forth from boeing.

exsweetie66
07-09-2008, 12:52 PM
wichita is not bad at all. you will like it. as for the tracks and the racing scene is pretty good. the dirt here is like concrete because they dont groom very often. but there is a track that is like sand clay combo and have prep'd practice like everyother weekend. and you will only be like 3hrs from little sahara and we love to go there like everyother month or so. let me know when and where you end up so we can get some seat time. see ya later

bwamos
07-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by smr
I agree on everything but this, you ain't gonna make Branson in 2 hours from wichita unless your in plane. They are 300 miles apart. I just made this drive last week on our way back from Little Sahara and it will take you about 5 hours.

Never said it was 2hrs from witchita.. I said a couple.. being vague on purpose. Perhaps I should have said a few. ;)

smr
07-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Never said it was 2hrs from witchita.. I said a couple.. being vague on purpose. Perhaps I should have said a few. ;)

Sorry I speak Kentuckian and a couple means 2 and a few means 3. (you don't want to know how many a $hitload or a bunch is) No big deal I just thought you meant he would be 2 hours from Branson and I knew that was wrong.

jwick07
07-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Hey the palce to check out is Jeeps. It is in Park City just a little north of town. You buy a yearly membership used to be 125 a year and they give you a key to the gate. Its about 80 acres of riding. They have the only lighted supercross track in the state and have great Sat night races on it. There is also a flat track, big moto cross track, then a little sand track moto cross, then lots of trails or hare scramble type tracks. the web site is
www.jeepscycleclub.com There are great members and it used to be to keep your membership card you had to do 4 or 5 hours of grounds work. Mowing, cleaning up fallen branches, track prep stuff like that. Great family place to ride. They have swap meets, concerts just really great place and well worth the money. You have to attend a meeting to join. Just check out the web site and ask how to join. I miss the he!% out of that place i used to live and hour away in Salina and went there a lot well worth the money. The members make it worth it they really help out and are just a great goup.

HiPer Sales
07-14-2008, 03:10 PM
We are actually in Lawrence, KS which is about 2.5 hours North of Wichita, but feel free to come visit. :D

Wichita is a great city and yes, not far from Little Sahara.

bwamos
07-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Hmm.. didn't you used to be down in Witchita? I swear I passed a building for HiPer Technology everytime I drove down to Oklahoma City, or Wynoka. Building off to the West Side of I-35 about 1/2 way through Witchita.

Lord only knows how long ago that was.. lol. I remember always thinking.. I wonder if they do any work for Boeing since they are so close.

If I saw it in Lawrence.. I must be getting older than I thought.. LOL.

My appologies for any misinformation.

FYI: Running a set of Tech3's front and rear on my 300ex. Love them! :)

bwamos
07-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Ok I'm not crazy... lol.
Found some old info that showed Hiper's address as:
Hiper Technology
3242 W. 13th Street, Suite 500
Wichita, KS 67203

But it appears that they moved 4-5 years ago.. lol. So it is official... I am getting old.. haha.

trx400EXtreme
07-15-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by HiPer Sales
We are actually in Lawrence, KS which is about 2.5 hours North of Wichita, but feel free to come visit. :D

Wichita is a great city and yes, not far from Little Sahara. i diddnt relize you were that close.:eek2: i'll be making a trip up there soon lol.

HiPer Sales
07-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Ok I'm not crazy... lol.
Found some old info that showed Hiper's address as:
Hiper Technology
3242 W. 13th Street, Suite 500
Wichita, KS 67203

But it appears that they moved 4-5 years ago.. lol. So it is official... I am getting old.. haha.

No worries. I'm right there with ya. lol