PDA

View Full Version : A Arm & Shock Dispute!!!!

400MXer
11-08-2001, 10:37 PM
I am stumped, I would like to get Roll Design +2 a arms and Triple rate, compression adj. Axis shocks. But lately i have been looking at laeger +2 a arms and PEP ZPS shocks. What do you guys think. Can i get the roll design in black with a chrome upper arm. I already know that if i want black laeger, it will take a million years to get them. Laeger only makes red for 400ex's and if you want another color they need to be special ordered. So if i got laeger i would get chrome. I also know that both of these shocks are awsome, both used by the top pro's. I'm stumped!:confused:

Chef
11-08-2001, 10:45 PM
do you have an axis shock in the rear? i see you have a roll swingarm, so if you do, i would just get the roll design front end with shocks, i think its $2500 from k and k, if you have the money, cause i dont

Evan
11-08-2001, 10:51 PM
I dont think you can get Roll design A-arms for 400EX unless they are +3 inch. I wanted to get +2/+1 Roll Design a-arms for my EX but they said they didnt make them. So then I was going to get the kit for 2500 but I found out those are +3 a-arms which seemed to be too wide unless you are doing desert racing. I ended up ordering Lonestars +2/+1 a-arms chromed with the Axis comp. adj triple rate fronts and the dual rate comp. adj rear.

Foxrage
11-09-2001, 04:24 AM
You could get the jd performance a-arms it would be faster to get them and you can get any color. I Like the houser a-arms and pep shocks is what im getting.

JEFF8400EX
11-09-2001, 05:37 AM
whats the jd perfomance website??????

400exRacerX
11-09-2001, 08:15 AM
Well either way you go you will be "waiting a million years to get the stuff" because I no people that have Lobo 2 front ends and they waited up to 3 months to get it! Its a nice front end but it takes forever to get the stuff and the prices are sky high. I would just go with the red laegers a arms and go get them powder coated black.

And do you have a ZPS shock in the rear? because its gonna be a quite odd ride if you have ZPS in the front and a regular shock in the rear.

trx400ex
11-09-2001, 01:43 PM
it doesnt feel odd to if you have zero preloads in the front and a preloaded rear

Tommy 17
11-09-2001, 02:40 PM
i would get houser a-arms, and axis shocks or pep shocks.

Foxrage
11-09-2001, 02:54 PM
It is www.jdperformanceatv.com but i think i would go with the housers for a little more but the jd are the cheapest on the market but are still built good.

Dave400ex
11-09-2001, 04:55 PM
No matter what a-arms you get, get Custom Axis shocks. You can`t go wrong with Laeger or Roll. I think the Roll is over priced and I will get Laeger if I ever want to get different a-arms. Laeger and Axis is what I would do. My brother has Laeger on his 250r and they look sweet. I like the gray hammertone powdercoat.