PDA

View Full Version : Silonoid/ electrical problem

w.va rider
07-08-2008, 01:02 PM
I just put a new bottom end on my bike and whenever it was all put together, it started by the button but the lights were dim. Now no neutral light or light and no starting by the button. I put a new silonoid on it and it worked for about 3 times and the lights were dim but after the 3rd time, no starting or lights again. I can jump the silonoid and i checked the voltage on the silonoid and its good. Fuses are good but the battery voltage jumped from being good to bad all over the meter. What do i do now?

Koos47
07-08-2008, 08:16 PM
It sounds like a bad ground or power wire or a dead battery. What is your battery voltage at? It should be above 12 volts. The dim lights and solenoid not working would be from a weak battery. The lights should not be dim with the quad running. If that's the case you stator or regulator might not be working correctly. To check that hold your volt meter on the battery to get the battery voltage without the engine running. Next start the engine and check the battery voltage. It should be around 14-14.5 volts (revving the motor will increase the voltage). If the voltage does not increase there is something wrong with your stator or voltage regulator.

w.va rider
07-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Well I figured it out. It was my inline fuse box. The fuse wasnt blown it was more less melted to the inside of the box. Luckly I have another 400EX just setting around and i used the inline box and it worked. No dim lights or anything like that. Thanks.

02 400EX
Hot Cam
11:1 wiseco piston
Stainless Steel valves
Removed choke
UM oversized oil tank
Jets and UNI filter
Jetson Racing exhaust
PRM skid plate
AC Pro-Peg nerf bars
AC front bumper
PRM front bumper spare