PDA

View Full Version : New outlaw leaing oil

08525IRS
07-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Now that I got your attention maybe people can tell me if this is normal. Brand new 07 Outlaw IRS. I noticed right away if I give it a good amount of gas the bike will stall and die. Maybe its normal until break-in period is over? ALso when I parked it there was a little bit of white smoke comming out of the exhaust, which means oil was burning somewhere.

So I took it out for the 3 hour break in period. Started the engine and no white smoke. Listening to the engine I would say I never went above 1/2 of the rpm through any of the gears. I did open the throttle up at the end of the three hours but only for acceleration and would cruise under 50% of the engine's RPM's like I had been doing. I finish the ride and noticed there was oil in this little tray on the frame. Its located on the lower left side of the engine, next to the shift lever. I could not find where it was dripping from but I felt the engine and it had oil on it.

08525IRS
07-07-2008, 09:30 PM
maybe its chain lube...?

smokinwrench
07-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Mine got a little leak once on that side. Seems liek it was just above the shifter there is a small cover that has 2 screws holding it on. It is the shift sensor I think, the oring that seals it was leaking. I just took it off and installed a new oring, never leaked since.

525 Outlaw Dude
07-07-2008, 11:30 PM
turn the gas to off and tip the outlaw on the grab bar and take the skid plate off. I garentee you the drane plug o-ring got a bad seal and thats what was leaking 100%!!! just get some new oil and a new ring and change it! :)

LT250_JOE
07-08-2008, 08:35 PM
I had the same leak as smokinwrench. I applied sealer to the cover and no problems since.(couldnt wait for o-ring)

smokinwrench
07-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by LT250_JOE
I had the same leak as smokinwrench. I applied sealer to the cover and no problems since.(couldnt wait for o-ring)

Caterpillar service truck parked in front of your house has every oring ever needed :D