PDA

View Full Version : 03 Predator spark issue??

blacknblue#2
07-07-2008, 05:39 PM
My buddie has an 03 predator that he couldnt get runnin. We take the plug out of it to find that when you hit the button it fires one time and quits. But if you turn the key off and turn it back on and try it, it does it all over again. Fires one time and quits. We have replaced everything but the wiring harness. what else could be causing this?? possibly a short somewhere???

OUTLAWGNCC
07-08-2008, 05:02 PM
If it has sat for a long time, check to see that the battery has a full charge. If the battery doesn't have a full charge, even though it turns over at the regular speed, the system won't let it start. The 500 motors were notorious for that and it happened to me a few times. Seems stupid but that is the system that they used. It might be your problem...

dcc1089
07-18-2008, 04:07 PM
If the battery doesn't fix it, download a service manual from here:

http://manuals.dqt.be/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=36&func=select&id=8

It has a wiring diagram in it that should point you in the right direction.

440exnacsracer
07-27-2008, 11:20 PM
if you have that service manual downloaded, could i talk you into emailing it to me by any chance? that website no longer has the manual for download. my computer crashed and im a broke college student lol. my email is bbanks12@email.georgiasouthern.edu
thanks for any help

justin0158
08-07-2008, 07:10 PM
hey you might want to try to open the ignition swich that sometimes gets full of dirt and it can give you no electricty.
and make sure that all the ground cables are good.