PDA

View Full Version : need a couple pics - Pro Armor Race Fat Peg

quad2xtreme
07-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Looking for some close up shots of them mounted. Would really like a close-up of where the peg is in relation to the shifter.

I would also like to know that I can easily remove the 2 mounting bolts every six months to put anti-seize on them and then re-torque.

I swear the manufacturers have no idea what is important when they post pics. I want to see how they mount at the front and how they mount under the fenders, etc.

Thanks,

Jon

07-07-2008, 02:33 PM
because it is not that complicated, i'll answer without taking pics...

for the foot peg mounts, you take off the stock pegs and bolt on the new peg tubes. the only thing you have to watch out for is not to get the sides mixed up...then you slide the nerfs onto those tubes and one or 2 bolts per side go down through them

in six months when you want to anti seize them, you will have to take the nerfs almost all the way off to get the one bolt out

as far as the front goes, you pull the bolt from the lower rear a-arm mount, slide the front of the nerfs into position, and replace it with their longer bolt, making sure to go through the mounting hole on the nerfs.

the front tube from the left side nerf slides into the tube from the right side nerf...

if you really need pics after that, send me your email addy, i'll take them and email them to ya...they will be big too

quad2xtreme
07-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks. How do you like yours? Would you buy them again?

I have the Powergrip setup on my 450r and love it. I am hoping that the top of the peg rests lower than stock. Do you know if they are lower down and any further back than stock?

Thanks again for your help.

07-07-2008, 03:28 PM
i like them alot...if i were to do it again, i would do the powergrip system...when i bought these for the 450r, they didn't have the power grip system...and what i have came off the 450r and bolted right up to the 400ex...of course i say i would go with the power grip system, but the cheap person i am would probably opt for these nerfs/pegs again because the set up is cheaper...

the pegs are in about the same place as stock...but my friend who had the back one down one ac pegs on his 450r was just as comfortable on my 450r with these as he was on his 450r..and the stock peg location on the 450r was not good for him at all

do you need pics or are you good with the explanation?

leasureryan
07-07-2008, 05:27 PM
I love mine....would buy over and over and over again!

quad2xtreme
07-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i like them alot...if i were to do it again, i would do the powergrip system...when i bought these for the 450r, they didn't have the power grip system...and what i have came off the 450r and bolted right up to the 400ex...of course i say i would go with the power grip system, but the cheap person i am would probably opt for these nerfs/pegs again because the set up is cheaper...

the pegs are in about the same place as stock...but my friend who had the back one down one ac pegs on his 450r was just as comfortable on my 450r with these as he was on his 450r..and the stock peg location on the 450r was not good for him at all

do you need pics or are you good with the explanation?

No, that is a good. The Powergrip system is lower than even 2006+ pegs; however, it would not swap onto a 400ex without reaming out the mounting holes some. The Powergrip uses a square tube for mounting and the holes in the frame are offset some on a 450r versus the 400ex where they are level.

Now that you say it mounts fine to the front a-arm though in terms of distance, I am going to take a closer look at it. My 450r is completely torn apart right now due to splitting the frame in 3 spots. I sent it to Pappy for repair and powdercoat. If I could make it fit on the 400ex, I would. I am thinking the heel guard mounts are in different locations too.

quad2xtreme
07-07-2008, 06:04 PM
I just checked putting the 2006 Powergrip pegs on the 400ex. The pegs and the nerfs mounted up perfectly...at most there might be a 1/4" spacing difference to the rear-arm bracket. I would have to do some measurements to be sure though. It would definitely tighten down. I've bent other nerfs far more to get them to fit. The right heel guard bracket on the subframe needs relocated about 3/4" higher up the frame. That is the easy side. It would take about 20 minutes to cut that bracket off and get it relocated.

On the left side, the heel guard mounting hole is completely off. It still might be possible though. For anyone who doesn't run heel guards, it is a straight bolt on swap.

Weird but when I mounted some 400ex nerfs to my 450r, I had to ream the holes out to get the pegs to sit level but that doesn't seem to be an issue with these. I didn't get the digital level out though to start doing comparisons.

And, you wouldn't get 22" tires to fit on thi setup...which doesn't matter to me.

/Jon