PDA

View Full Version : Carb help

Honda10
07-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Ok how do you know if it is a air or fuel screw? I just jetting my 250ex for an HMF with a k &N and I used a dyno jet. They told me to put in a 110 and I did but it didnt seem like it was putting out all the power it could. So I tried somethingthing smaller 108, that gave it much less power. So then I tried a higher jet a 112 and it gave me the most power, but with more back fireing. So I was wondering if I needed to adjust the fuel/air screw to get rid of it? Or do Ineed to do something else?

ohsobad_chevy
07-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Air screws are on the air filter side of the carb and fuel screws are on the motor side.....someone correct me if I am wrong. :)

As far as jetting on the 250ex, I have no experience with them. Did you change your pilot or needle position?

Honda10
07-07-2008, 07:10 PM
so then I have a fuel screw, I did change the needle position to what it says. But what I didnt understand is that the dyno jet kit came with a washer to put on top of the clip so that the spring is resting on the washer. What is that doing? I could understand if it was underneath the clip, cuz then it would actuallychange the position of the clip.