PDA

View Full Version : My 02 sportsman 700 is overheating???

Mav_KFX400
07-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Ok so I've been having this problem with my 2002 sportsman 700, ever since this last winter its been overheating whenever i drive it, the fan never kicks on? it has coolant and the radiator isn't plugged. yesterday i decided to see if i could fix it so i tore the front end apart to get to the fan but when me and my father hooked the fan directly to a battery it worked just fine?:( Does anybody know what is wrong with it?
Any Advice would be just Wonderful

cmitchell79
07-09-2008, 09:09 AM
There is sensor on the bottom right hand side of the radiator that controls the fan. I had the same problem with mine, very easy fix, you do have to add anti freeze though after you take it out. The Polaris anti-freeze is just a 50/50 mix.

Mav_KFX400
07-19-2008, 12:54 PM
yep we just bought a sensor yesterday and i'm going to put it in today. hopefully that will fix it cuz i've found that when you have it and it works you don't need it as much but when it's broke down you find yourself needing it for everything you do.:)

thanks for your advice i'm sure it will work after i put the sensor in.

RaptorRacer45
10-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Would this cause coolant to bubble out of the overflow tank during riding as well?......the light slowly gets brighter and the fan never kicks on

cmitchell79
10-17-2008, 06:36 AM
If the fan is not kicking on then it is probably getting hot and boiling out. One way to tell is bypass the sensor, or direct wire the fan, if the fan kicks on then the sensor is bad.

Mav_KFX400
10-25-2008, 10:32 AM
i put the sensor in a while ago and that's what we did we just hooked the fan up to a battery and it worked fine so we were sure it was the sensor. After putting it in it works great other then we just ripped one of the boots now but that's how it works lol
Thanks for the help guys