PDA

View Full Version : cant find honda part number

jeepthing07
07-07-2008, 11:07 AM
I am looking for the bearing that is pressed into the left side of the crankcase on my 02 400ex. its for the shift drum none of the honda diagrams show it. i need this bearing to get my engine back together.

madmax400ex
07-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Go to motosport.com - they have diagrams for the whole bike with part #'s for each part. It's in the OEM section of the website

jeepthing07
07-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by madmax400ex
Go to motosport.com - they have diagrams for the whole bike with part #'s for each part. It's in the OEM section of the website

Nope they are not listing it either. I have a feeling finding this bearing is going to put on the suck :(

Z15
07-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Have you tried this catalog
Honda Genuine Parts e-Catalogs (http://www.partspeis.com/servlet/LogoutPeis)

id: hondapc
pw: hondapc

Note - ATV will be under motorcycles

NickG5755
07-07-2008, 01:47 PM
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/honda-atv-trx400ex-sportrax-400ex-2006-crankcase/o/m9621sch416269

theres the schematic of the crank case... what bearing are you in need of ? can you circle with liek Paint program or something?

jeepthing07
07-07-2008, 02:05 PM
all the diagrams i have found don't show it. the bearing is pressed into the left side of the crank case and supports the shift drum. i called my dealer and the guy wasn't much help he told me it might come with the drum but he couldn't tell me for sure. is there a number that i could call someone at honda at? i don't see why they wouldn't sell this bearing maybe it just got overlooked when they made the diagrams?

http://i32.tinypic.com/2nk74bb.jpg

Z15
07-07-2008, 02:23 PM
come with the drum

Thats what you may have to do. It may not be serviced separately due to the nature of the part or that the bearing rarely needs to be replaced. I have seen this before with auto/truck parts. Try to buy a front wheel bearing for some 4x4 trucks, can't. Have to buy the complete hub asm. at 10x the price of a bearing.

Have you been able to remove the old bearing? If so check around with an industrial supply, they usually have access to just about every possible bearing. They will not be able to cross to a Honda part but maybe can fit one by size. That is if that bearing will come out of the case without doing damage to the case or the bearing. If the bearing get damaged, they may not be able to find a match.

jeepthing07
08-04-2008, 04:28 PM
I went to my local bearing place www.motionindustries.com and they guy looked it up. he sold me a INA bearing part number HK1210 it only cost $4.

Maybe this will help someone in the future find the bearing.

leasureryan
08-04-2008, 05:16 PM
I work at a Honda deal....unfortunately....Honda quit selling crank bearings for the 400ex seperatley...only way to get them for Honda now is to buy the whole crankshaft assembly.

BUT....fortunatly....there are tons of place, like HotRods for example, that you can buy crank bearings from.

dariusld
08-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by leasureryan
Honda quit selling crank bearings for the 400ex seperatley...only way to get them for Honda now is to buy the whole crankshaft assembly.

He wasn't looking for the crank bearing:)