PDA

View Full Version : Shock Adjustment

spliffy
12-03-2002, 12:21 PM
I Bought Some Ohlin Piggybacks Off Ebay A Month Or So Ago & Haven't Been Able To Ride With Them Until This Last Weekend... Well I Love Them , They Land Jumps Sweetly & Are A Huge Improvement Over Stock In My Eyes.... The Only Thing Is That Were I Was Riding At There Are Alot Of Side Hilling Trails & Then They Cut Up The Hill, When I Do That It Seems Like The Front End Is Being Pushed Forward Instead Of Compressing A Little & Turning Like The Stock Shocks.... What Would I Adjust To Help Uphill Cornering Out. I Don't Notice It As Much On Flat Land, But It Still Pushes A Bit More Than The Stockers. It Looks Like The Only Thing To Adjust Is the Preload Spring Spanner Wrench Deal.
Thanks

spliffy
12-04-2002, 03:37 PM
Anyone Know What I Mean?.. Oya & Bump :p

12-04-2002, 03:40 PM
try lowering the pre load sounds like ur ride is a little to harsh so its pushing

airheadedduner
12-04-2002, 03:49 PM
I have those same shocks. My one prob with them is the one you are having now. They are harsh so they push bad. I pmed jeff@the quadshop about putting moto 440 springs on them. I think that would slove it, he hasn't got a price on the conversion yet.

spliffy
12-05-2002, 06:56 AM
I Will Try Adjusting The Preload & See If That Helps. Let Me Know What You Find Out Airheadedduner.

Thanks

airheadedduner
12-05-2002, 03:59 PM
I tried backing the preload off once but they started to blow through traval too quick. I will PM jeff again about the moto spring conversion.