PDA

View Full Version : new cam and hc pistin installed

double d 1
07-07-2008, 05:22 AM
well i finally got the crower g2 cam and hc piston installed. the first time i got it together i had some oil leaks so i had to take it apart and do it again. no leaks the second time. also this is my first time doing anything like this so i was really nervous. my son says that it seems quicker and revs a little higher. it seems to have either a valve clicking or the cam chain noise, not sure which one it is. i adjusted the valves according to xtrememotorco website, .003 intake, .004 exhaust. the hardest part about the cam and piston is you have to take the motor out, i just turned it sideways. and putting it back in i scratched the frame all up. if i had to do it all over again i would put the 146 kit in. i'll know more later when we take it out to ride somewhere, he just took it down the street.

dudeage
07-07-2008, 06:55 AM
i put xtreme stage one kit in 12.5 to 1 piston cam and 26mm carb on rejet the carb and uni filter.next you need to put the race head on and ported cyl.then put the fmf pipe.we race moto cross up in michigan.we do really well.also change the counter shaft sporket to 14 teeth.then you have some thing.

double d 1
07-07-2008, 11:05 AM
i have a oko 26mm for it but wouldnt run right with the stock motor. i took it back and got another thinking there was something wrong with it, still wouldnt run right.,so i put the stock one back on. i found out later that a 26 is to big for a 125, thats what everyone at planetminis says. eventually i think im going to put a gpx or lifan 150 in it, once i get some money saved.