PDA

View Full Version : e85 banshee???

asohagan
07-07-2008, 02:37 AM
i have switched one of my race cars over to this and i got a 50 hp increase on the dyno, i know you would have to run a lot bigger jets, but i was wondering if anyone on here has done this yet?????

Hondamaster5505
07-07-2008, 07:24 AM
I thought about doing the HHO conversion.

With E85, you might as well not bother putting gas in it. One ride down the street and it would be gone. Banshee's suck on gas as it is.

With HHO, you just put a bottle of electrified water, and put smaller jets in the carbs. It helps you get way better fuel mileage because it uses the hydrogen in the fuel and uses less gas. It also burns a little cleaner, and improves preformance. Big torque gain.

Yet to know if it works if at all on 2-strokes, but would be awesome if it did.

NickG5755
07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
do some research on google and alot of people are saying it put holes in the pistons of thier cars...

thers alot of stuf fon youtube about it that maeks sense too..

My mom has a Olds eighty eight that runs fine shes gunna junk... im gunna do the HHO to it and see what happens...

From what i see its water with electrolyte in it and charged stainless in the watter to apply a current to it...thats the basics

im gunna rreasearch it a bit more and see what i find.

NickG5755
07-07-2008, 03:06 PM
and i dont think it wold work on 2 strokes...

Reeds + water doesnt add up in my book... pluss i think the reeds would retain water and screw the consistancy of the mix up.

idk jsut a thought.

Hondamaster5505
07-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by NickG5755
and i dont think it wold work on 2 strokes...

Reeds + water doesnt add up in my book... pluss i think the reeds would retain water and screw the consistancy of the mix up.

idk jsut a thought.

true, never really thought about that.

My dad has been researching it a lot lately, and is going to build one of the HHO "browns gas" generators for his truck. The 9mpg big block is just killing him. especially at $130 a shot just to fill it.

We're going to experiment with it and hopefully it will work. Then it'll be faster, and according to what we read, could possibly bring the mileage up to 19mpg.

It really is intresting.

NickG5755
07-07-2008, 05:32 PM
ehh i think your better off trying it in something a little cheaper...

theres only one way to save gas in a motor... thats use less
of it right?

by diluting your mixture with something i would think that the engine would end up WANTING more fuel. idk i jsut dont soee this working...

if it did it would be ALOT more popular and widely known

Hondamaster5505
07-07-2008, 07:11 PM
ehh i think your better off trying it in something a little cheaper...

theres only one way to save gas in a motor... thats use less
of it right?

by diluting your mixture with something i would think that the engine would end up WANTING more fuel. idk i jsut dont soee this working...

if it did it would be ALOT more popular and widely known

Well, thats why you get a MAP sensor with a controller. It's kinda like the quad EFI controllers. You set it so it takes less fuel since your mixing the gas with hydrogen. Hence using less gas, increasing mileage, all with using a smaller fuel flow with hydrogen.

Just recently it started becoming widely popular and more & more people are doing it.

Like I said, I still don't know much about the system, but my dad can make the generator fairly cheap, then just hook it up with the MAP sensor.

Without the MAP sensor, I heard you can actually loose mileage, probably because like you said, it tries to draw more fuel

NickG5755
07-07-2008, 07:43 PM
the thing i found on the internet is 200 bucks and its not connected to you cars fuel system at all... so how is it supposed to "REMAP" for the hydrogen

Hondamaster5505
07-07-2008, 08:33 PM
the thing i found on the internet is 200 bucks and its not connected to you cars fuel system at all... so how is it supposed to "REMAP" for the hydrogen

The one I was looking at was $750 I believe, but it's easy enough to make yourself with some basic skills. They make all different types from simple to complex, there isn't just one version of this.

The hydrogen goes into the intake tube. The Map makes it so you can digitally or manualy (depending on which one you buy) control the fuel levels so it's less fuel with the added hydrogen.

The remapping is a seperate thing from the whole browns gas system. You add it on after you do the conversion. Because if not, it will use the same amount of gas with the hydrogen if not more.

There was a diagram somewhere of how it hooks up. Ill try to find it.

Hondamaster5505
07-07-2008, 08:42 PM
This is probably the best I can find..

asohagan
07-07-2008, 09:58 PM
i was asking about the e85 for the power, i dont want to run alcohol solely because i have to drive an hour from home to get but i can get the e85 at the pump and a whole lot cheaper, i wasnt asking about the hho setup

NickG5755
07-08-2008, 04:25 AM
Yea honda thats the exact thing i was talkin about... its 200 bucks....

As for E85 in a banshee?

Idk if it would be worth it... i mean it is like 105 or 110 octane..it will make the bike run cooler... but i think in a 2 stroke cetane is more important becasue of the longer stroke..

and i have no idea if it would mix with premix...

maybe running a 50 50 mix of it would be a good idea. its like race gas but cleaner and cheaper and it would probably mix with gas better that way...

just an idea.

asohagan
07-08-2008, 05:39 AM
they say you can expect a 30% increase in hp with e85 and also a 30%decrease in fuel economy. that would be some cheap hp if i can take my banshee from 50 hp to 65hp by changing jets and fuel type. a guy down here has a dyno so i might do the change and then tune it to get the air fuel mix right and then make a few hp pulls. the guys that run alky on theirs what kind of premix oil do they run? and should i run it or what i normally run on gasoline?

NickG5755
07-08-2008, 09:37 PM
i would say this
KlotzSuper Techniplate or something liek that is mixable with Alky (thats what i use , and it smells good too:devil: ) lol

id mix about half a gallon up with the 50/50 mmix..

let then put some in a clear container and let it sit for about a half hr or so. , and see if you can see any kind of obvious seperation.

if not id say bump your main and pilot up fill er up and let er rip

let me know how it runs... if it works i might try it in my harescramble bike...

and if i even find that i cant get some e85 ill jsut swap my jets out

Hondamaster5505
07-08-2008, 09:47 PM
i would say this
KlotzSuper Techniplate or something liek that is mixable with Alky (thats what i use , and it smells good too:devil: )

I love that crap! lol. Smells like nitro. we run that in my dads shee.

NickG5755
07-08-2008, 10:19 PM
lmao yea.. when i put my 2 strokes away for a long time i run my bikes at about 10 to 1 in my garage with a cooler than normal plug so that they foul on purpose and keep the cylinder lubed good.

So it smokes pretty good and it fills my garage with that ohh so sweet aroma lol...
i love it.

but anyway , are you going to try what i said about the 50/50 miix? if you do let me know how it works out.

asohagan
07-10-2008, 02:02 AM
as soon as i try this i will let you know in a new post. hopefully it works and works well

07-11-2008, 04:32 PM
I wouldnt use it only because of going through gas like crazy. Banshees suck down so much gas as it is and having to add bigger jets especially if you already had mods done to it man better hope its just a few 1/4 mile runs and i wouldnt bother taking i down a trail

asohagan
07-14-2008, 01:42 AM
its a 30-35% rise in fuel consumption. and if your making that much more power who cares?