PDA

View Full Version : flame thrower

warr72
07-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Just finished mods on my ignition and when I fire my 450 up she shoots a flame atleast a foot out the end of my pipe. Tried jetting her down but still does it. It has auto decompression so I was told that was what it was but man, don't behind it when it happens. Other than that it screams. I even tried putting HRC pipe back on instead of Yoshi but still does it.

d3ktrix
07-06-2008, 10:15 PM
What did u do to ur ignition?

warr72
07-06-2008, 11:13 PM
I went with some CRF goodies and little trickery to the fly wheel. Also put a cometic CRF head gasket on. I was told by a reliable guy that since I increased compression and my timing that this will happen because of the auto decompression. I also have the R&D Power Pump and carb plates now so I think its a matter of tuning. It runs so damn good now.:eek2:

d3ktrix
07-06-2008, 11:54 PM
The auto decompressor has absolutely nothing to do with how it runs once it's started.
The decompressor disengages once the cam shaft reaches a certain RPM. It only pushes the exhaust valve open while the engine is being started.
And the small increase in compression from changing to the CRF gasket wouldn't make it shoot flames.

Either ur timing is off or jetting like you said.
Though none of the mods you did should affect your jetting much if it was fine before you did the mods.

And don't take advise from that guy anymore :P

warr72
07-07-2008, 10:17 AM
That is the only time she shoots a flame is on the first hit of the starter button. I think that is why he said that about the auto decom. This guy is very good with CRF's and TRX's. My quad doesn't backfire or shoot flames after running and is arm ripping. But he also showed me that the CRF 450 he just finished does the same thing with basically the same mods. I am on race gas now too. mmmmmmmm cam 2 burning in the summer

warr72
07-08-2008, 04:51 AM
Ok got her tuned in and wow!!!! :eek2: