PDA

View Full Version : Race Ready 440ex - Mint Condition - FAST!

sreustle
07-06-2008, 07:24 PM
The quad is a 2000 Honda 440ex. It is race ready but has never been raced. The oil is changed very often, and everything has been taken care of very well. The previous owner bought it brand new, and had it serviced by his Honda dealer after every two to three rides. I then bought it from him in June of 2006.

Here is the list of modifications that the atv has done to it. All of the motor work including the 440 kit, were done by a dealer.
- Powroll 440 Stroker Kit
- 87mm bore
- Hardfaced Rockers
- Trailtech Vapor Computer System
- Pro Armor Nerf Bars (with heel guards)
- xr400 cdi
- HMF Slip On Sport Series Pipe
- Aluminum Chain Guard and Case Saver
- Silver Vein Frame, Sub-frame, and Arms (powdercoat)
- ITP Holeshots Front and Rear
- K&N Filters
- Works Shocks (with reservoirs) up front
- Answer Bars
- OMF Air Scoops
- Pingry Oil Tank
- Sidewinder TI Sprockets and Chain
and some other odds and ends here and there.

The condition of the quad is great. It has been garage kept every day since it was bought from the dealer brand new. The plastic still has its glossy shine to it, as well as all of the metal. The frame, subframe, and a-arms are powder coated with silver vein paint, and is indestructible as well as prevents any chance of rust.

The reason I am selling it is because I am soon heading off to college and am also looking to purchase a Yamaha R1 sports bike. I am looking to get in the mid to high $2,000 range, or trade for a 2000 or newer crotch rocket (cbr, ninja, gsxr, r1/r6, etc) so contact me and we can talk. It is located in eastern PA, zip code 19512. My email is sreustle at gmail dot com, or you can call my cell at 610.621.7947. Below are some recent pictures of the quad, enjoy!

http://shanereustle.com/img/atv/atv1.jpg

http://shanereustle.com/img/atv/atv2.jpg

http://shanereustle.com/img/atv/atv3.jpg

07-07-2008, 02:05 PM
title? bottom dollar?

sreustle
07-07-2008, 02:15 PM
clean title, was hoping for upper 2's but you let me know

thanks

sreustle
07-08-2008, 02:34 PM
i will be at quadfest this year in summerset pa, if anybody would like to see the quad in person without making a special trip

sreustle
07-11-2008, 08:01 AM
still in my garage!

sreustle
07-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Ran better then when I got it this weekend at quadfest! Got 4th in the drag races!

katch26
07-21-2008, 10:32 AM
SO WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING TO GET?

sreustle
07-21-2008, 10:33 AM
High 2's

S.A.J
07-22-2008, 05:09 PM
hey is the 440ex still forsale?

sreustle
07-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by S.A.J
hey is the 440ex still forsale?
yes and ill cut you a great deal if your interested! :P

S.A.J
07-22-2008, 05:21 PM
okay thts good,im not sure yet,but i do hav sum questions about it,i rly dnt kno wat i shld expect outa a 440kit so like wth the mods it has now wat kinda 4wheeler can u take or wats like the fastest 4wheeler uve raced n been able 2 beat it? i used 2 hav a 450r wth hrc cam,exhaust,filter n jets n i got friends tht run banshees wth pipes n all n port n polish but no strokers or n e thng like tht just midly moded how do u think itd "stack" up 2 them?
sry lol i rly dnt kno tht much about 440s

oh and do u kno a good place 2 get a shiping quote cuz i live a ways off from you(in northeast texas)

sreustle
07-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by S.A.J
okay thts good,im not sure yet,but i do hav sum questions about it,i rly dnt kno wat i shld expect outa a 440kit so like wth the mods it has now wat kinda 4wheeler can u take or wats like the fastest 4wheeler uve raced n been able 2 beat it? i used 2 hav a 450r wth hrc cam,exhaust,filter n jets n i got friends tht run banshees wth pipes n all n port n polish but no strokers or n e thng like tht just midly moded how do u think itd "stack" up 2 them?
sry lol i rly dnt kno tht much about 440s

oh and do u kno a good place 2 get a shiping quote cuz i live a ways off from you(in northeast texas)

let me put it this way, way back in the days of the trikes there was a 3 wheeler called teh tecate. it was the kawasaki trike made to fight the 250r, it was wayyy to fast (2 stroker also) and these things are mean fast. well there was a very very good condition, newly rebuilt one at quadfest, and i drag raced it and beat it, and i have no problem keeping up with 450's

i think you can get it shipped with UPS

try to calculate it, its probably about 500lbs, the create will have to be oversized at about 4ft x 5ft x 4ft, and coming from zip code 19512

thanks

S.A.J
07-22-2008, 05:39 PM
okay i'll try tht n tht sounds pretty good...lil more ?'s, does it get hot pretty quik or dnt u hav n e problems wth tht? and does it hav a aftermarket back shock also is there a dif. btween a stroker 440 and just a regular 440 or can you just get the stroker 440 kits? thanks

sreustle
07-22-2008, 05:46 PM
its a stock back shock, but its rebuilt, because the 400ex rear shocks are just fine, its the front ones that you notice.

it has no overheating problems at all, we were actually asked this a few times so we went and did a test. I rode it hard for 15 minutes and got it as hot as i could, and at the same time, doing the same thing with a yamaha big bear 4x4 quad, and using a lazer temperature reader, we tested both of the temperatures right at the tip of the headers, and the 440 was actually colder, so no problems there. the whole top end has brand new gaskets and orings, just because we wanted to make sure everything was doing well which it was.

the 440 kits i believe come in just piston kits, or both piston and stroker kits, but if its just a piston, it would have to be bored out bigger to allow for the bigger piston, which makes overheating a bigger issue. with the shorter stroker, it gives more cc's with a smaller piston.

my dads thinkign shipping could be about $600 or so and i can be flexible on the price of the quad

katch26
07-23-2008, 07:45 AM
why don't you list what you're looking to get for a price instead of just isaying high 2's.....IMO it would be sold be now if you told someone how much you actually are willing to take for it.

sreustle
07-23-2008, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by katch26
why don't you list what you're looking to get for a price instead of just isaying high 2's.....IMO it would be sold be now if you told someone how much you actually are willing to take for it. i say high 2's, and to make an offer

I woud like about 2800 but if somebody comes and offers me 2600, ill take it

so saying high 2's is a broad range in which i will accept

sreustle
07-24-2008, 08:34 PM
snatch this thing up!

07-29-2008, 05:43 PM
$2000