PDA

View Full Version : ATV 4-Play/Fox Shocks Set-up

LT-R450Kehoe
07-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Ok guys I need some assistance!

Austin has the ATV FOUR-PLAY w/ Fox Shocks installed on his DRR 90 courtesy of Gary! Besides looking awesome they really have helped him with his jumping. But the issue we are having is finding the right "setup" for him. Basically we started at 25 PSI of air in the shocks and we started to adjust the compression and rebound from there. After 4 motos last week we noticed that he was using ALL of the available travel on his shocks. So we started testing on Friday and adjusted compression and rebound and found that he is still using it all. Next, we checked the air pressure. Everytime after he comes off the track the shocks have anywhere from 30-37 PSI in the shocks and both vary. So obviously with heat from running the shocks the PSI is increasing. Also, with the increased PSI he is still using all of the available travel. Finally, even with the rebound all of the way STIFF the machine is NOT returning to full ride height and is instead sitting completely compressed even after he stops the machine and pulls off the track. Any ideas? I am going to call FOX tomorrow and ask about the setup but I am sure someone has had this experience before.....

LT-R450Kehoe
07-06-2008, 08:05 PM
WOW!!!! Gary did it again! He helped me release my inner idiot! It was a serious air pressure issue and some simple know how resolved the issue! More props to our awesome sponsor from G-Force!!!!