PDA

View Full Version : when is the july release????

desratt
07-06-2008, 03:23 PM
usually honda releases the quads with only minor changes in july and the ones with major changes in september.

does anyone know the actual date. ??? reason I wanta know so bad is if they release the 450r info in july itmeans another year of pretty much no change..

Dave400ex
07-06-2008, 03:33 PM
You are correct about if it gets released before Sept. it won't have any major changes. Been wondering the date myself.

TWISTED
07-06-2008, 04:47 PM
BOLD NEW GRAPHICS COMING SOON!!!!

MX450
07-06-2008, 05:05 PM
I dont understand what the big deal is if all they do is change the colors, theyve got a great quad and last time i checked there were TONS of hondas racing, and winning. Yea the frame and rear end sucks, but other than that most people who race change it all out anyways, even on the "race ready" LTRs. I like my Honda, I also wouldnt like EFI, ive never had a jetting problem and would much rather buy a few jets then a 300 dollar controller.

pudamac12
07-06-2008, 05:26 PM
yup I am with mx450 on this issue. I own a kfx450 and a 2004 trx450 and when I had the kfx modded (back to stock to sell) it cost a crapload more then the honda to build and the only thing I felt was better was the throttle response. It is so much simpler and with the cost of living nowadays I can't justify spending that much on top of racing costs just to go racing.

Dave400ex
07-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by MX450
I dont understand what the big deal is if all they do is change the colors, theyve got a great quad and last time i checked there were TONS of hondas racing, and winning. Yea the frame and rear end sucks, but other than that most people who race change it all out anyways, even on the "race ready" LTRs. I like my Honda, I also wouldnt like EFI, ive never had a jetting problem and would much rather buy a few jets then a 300 dollar controller.

I agree 100%. I just want to know so I can get a 09 kicker ordered if they are the same.

sparksmakefire
07-08-2008, 06:54 PM
ok i talked to a honda rep today at the dealership. he said there are going to be a LOT of changes to the 450r. he wouldnt tell me what they were. but he said there will be a LOT of new things. he said in july (this month) there wont be very many changes at all. but in september thats when they bust out all the new things. they are going to be the last to let everyone know whats changing. im stoked. im already ready to trade my 07 off. and i havent even had it 2 weeks yet. thats all he would tell me. nothing more. nothing less. but he was smiling really big the whole time i was talking to him :D

desratt
07-08-2008, 07:22 PM
yea i've learned not to trust reps or dealers honda doesn't tell ANYONE untill the release... sometimes i mean sometimes someone gets a photo of a prototype testing somewhere.

ok but does anyone know the july anouncement date .
cause it is july/..

d3ktrix
07-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Only thing I don't like about Honda's current bike is the suspension -_-
Needs shocks/arms/axle to be rideable IMO.

LTR is the only one I'd ride right out of the box.
Thats for MX tho, and the really wide trails I go to.

whitebros400
07-08-2008, 10:53 PM
if honda makes any changes, i hope they are gonna make wise changes to it. If i like the changes i am gonna say forget a dirtbike and my 400 is gonna be up for sale in a heartbeat:D

represent618
07-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Only thing I don't like about Honda's current bike is the suspension -_-
Needs shocks/arms/axle to be rideable IMO.

LTR is the only one I'd ride right out of the box.
Thats for MX tho, and the really wide trails I go to.

I agree they are not great, they need to be an inch wider from the factory, with a better axle. But they are rideable and very well rideable out of the box.

don_carallo
07-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by sparksmakefire
ok i talked to a honda rep today at the dealership. he said there are going to be a LOT of changes to the 450r. he wouldnt tell me what they were. but he said there will be a LOT of new things. he said in july (this month) there wont be very many changes at all. but in september thats when they bust out all the new things. they are going to be the last to let everyone know whats changing. im stoked. im already ready to trade my 07 off. and i havent even had it 2 weeks yet. thats all he would tell me. nothing more. nothing less. but he was smiling really big the whole time i was talking to him :D

Lot of changes like graphics? frame colour? seat colour? gas tank colour? tires? wheels colour? foot pegs wide?

Or perhaps really big changes like a new fron light?

Dave400ex
07-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Just seems with the economy and the fact that they are still selling them the way they are that there will not be any major changes.

Sjorge450R
07-10-2008, 07:40 PM
why do you guys want change???? The 450r has been one of the best ATV's ever made. Last time i checked the saying is......"Don't fix it if it aint broke" Well in our case, broke would be slow and we all know the 450r really moves. If they change to EFI, you will see all of the pros still running the earlier years.....wait, most of them still run the first gen. models.

450rdominator
07-10-2008, 11:24 PM
i would love to see an efi model...but also keep the jetting for those who want it! like have the SE model have EFI and have the regular have jetting....ya no?
cause for me, that extra 300 bucks is well worth the hassle of re-jetting...for me! IMO! i dont always have alot of time on my hands so ya!
just my 2 cents!:D

woodsracer144
07-19-2008, 10:37 PM
for them EFI quads couldnt you pull the efi and the computer thing out and put a carb in there?

07-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
for them EFI quads couldnt you pull the efi and the computer thing out and put a carb in there?

a couple LTR racers have done that

woodsracer144
07-20-2008, 08:50 AM
i think that all the factorys should have a set up a xc rider coudl use and a mx rider could use. so i say eather make a full mx 450 and then a xc (like KTM) or have +1 arms on there...or alow

even though i ride xc and the stock a-arms are good enough for me i still am gonna buy after market so i can get longtravle and other adjustments.

quad2xtreme
07-20-2008, 06:45 PM
[Beven though i ride xc and the stock a-arms are good enough for me i still am gonna buy after market so i can get longtravle and other adjustments. [/B]

Be nice if you could adjust caster on stock a-arms wouldn't it?

rollie
07-20-2008, 08:34 PM

costs ALOT of money to do that, BCS performance has a kawi with a carb on it, it hauls, but it costs well over $1000 to convert it over.

I would like to see them stick to a carb, the carb that comes on the 06+ bikes is sooo good, if they put some better shocks on it, and fix the rear end(however last year i raced my bike with a stock rear end and i didnt think it was bad at all.)

Hondas got a great bike, no need for changes when over half the national classes at the last race where won by hondas, they just need to give out some support!!!!