PDA

View Full Version : carb problem

ECAYFZ450
07-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Hey Guys..

I had a lot of poping and cracking coming out of my exhaust while riding..so I took the carb apart and cleaned it and took care of the poping and cracking..

But now when I turn on the quad and push the throttle a little bit the rpms start reving up higher than regular.. I just changed my cable the end of last season..

I dont know whats going on:confused:

Any help would be amazing!! Thanks

#17YFZRACER
07-06-2008, 05:27 PM
did you put the throttle cable back in the right hole in the throttle wheel in the carb?

Thumper1220
07-06-2008, 06:26 PM
is the throttle sticking a little? with it turned off open the throttle fully it should snap back not go back slowly

ECAYFZ450
07-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Does the cable go into the top hole or the bottom hole??? I forget...and When the quad is turned off the throttle snaps right back to place so...i think it the part of the cable that is going into the carb..

daddio
07-07-2008, 12:04 PM
If you get carb cleaner on the slide, it turns the coating soft and the slide sticks. The rubber diaphram (p/n 4FN-14997-00-00 SEAL) will also swell up from the cleaner causing the slide to stick and idle irraticly.

Take the slide out and rinse it and the carb, in just gasoline. If your lucky, all you need is a new seal. If the coating is coming off, it's about $300 for new slide parts.

ECAYFZ450
07-07-2008, 03:19 PM
so just take the top cover off again and down it with gasoline...carb cleaner make the slide stick??

Thanks

daddio
07-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by ECAYFZ450
so just take the top cover off again and down it with gasoline...carb cleaner make the slide stick??

Thanks

Actually, you should take the slide out, and rinse it off with gasoline. The carb cleaner eats the coating on the slide, making it soft and "sticky".
The carb cleaner also causes the rubber diaphram to swell, also causing the slide to stick.