PDA

View Full Version : Bad day for the 400ex

rodeo#11
07-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Man was it a bad day for my 400 yesterday. I was racing a local motocross series yesterday, i was on my 3rd lap holding 3rd place. I was fixin to go over the second double right before the finish line, when a guy on ltr cuts over on me while i was in the air:mad: well needless to say i landed on his front tires causing me to bounce of the track, while being thrown off the quad into a oversized tractor tire barrier.... The 400 took quite a beating as well. Snapped my handlebars in half, broke off both handgaurds, broke my clutch lever clean off, and im not really sure where my tether killswitch is anymore lol

leasureryan
07-06-2008, 10:54 AM
bummer bro......always sucks to have to fix stuff due to other peoples mistakes

mooseracerX
07-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Man that sucks, I know I raced and beaten a lot of LTRs and they think they own the track. You have any pictures from the front?

drew416ex
07-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Yeah, it sucks when other people do that crap. It makes racing more dangerous than it already is. Ive been landed on, run into, etc. A couple of years ago when I got a brand new sparks pipe, the first race I had it on someone rearended me in a turn and flatened my endcap and put a huge dent in the can. I wasnt happy :mad:

rodeo#11
07-06-2008, 11:11 AM
yea ill got snap some pics of the front end today.. its not to pretty lol

400ex28
07-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Bummer

alex10
07-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Are the controls the only things damaged.

rodeo#11
07-06-2008, 01:19 PM
yea i think that may be the only thing wrong with it (hopefully) im gonna take the steering stem out to, just to check and make sure it didnt take any damage.

07-06-2008, 03:21 PM
maybe its a good thing I cant race because if someone damaged my stuff or sent me flying off the quad and it was their fault, if I wasnt hurt from the fall I would probally start a fight on the track. I take a lot of pride in my 400ex and I take care of it well, bought everything with my own money, put my own time in doing stuff to it and if someone ruined something on it I would go crazy! Unless the way it goes is they pay for the damage then there wouldnt be a fight. At least your walking away from it lol

mooseracerX
07-06-2008, 04:16 PM
^^^Haha You remind me of something. Last month at one of my races I was watching pro open trophy race and there was these two guys. The one guy was really fast (Suzuki) and he kept pinning it through the whoops. He fell off every lap but 1 or 2. Well it was the 4th or 5th lap and this other guy (Honda) hit that guy through the whoops about 3 or 4 times. By the end of the whoops the guy on the Suzuki fell off again. Well he wasn't hurt and got right back up and on. Those two guys race the last lap and after the race the guy on the Suzuki I totally thought was going to knock the other guy out. :eek2: It was the closest think to a fight I've seen at a race before.

07HRC450R
07-06-2008, 05:15 PM
bummer dude! its just part of racin i guess cause i've tore up a steering stem,handlebars,rims and bent a tie rod at lastnights race:mad: lol

rodeo#11
07-06-2008, 07:33 PM
lol yea, i knew my quad would probly end up gettin beat up pretty bad by the end of the season anyways, oh well atleast i walked away from it. And i took the steering stem out today and its bent pretty bad so i guess its time to do some rebuilding ;)

leasureryan
07-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
maybe its a good thing I cant race because if someone damaged my stuff or sent me flying off the quad and it was their fault, if I wasnt hurt from the fall I would probally start a fight on the track. I take a lot of pride in my 400ex and I take care of it well, bought everything with my own money, put my own time in doing stuff to it and if someone ruined something on it I would go crazy! Unless the way it goes is they pay for the damage then there wouldnt be a fight. At least your walking away from it lol

Great attitude!.....Accidents happen bro.....it's differant if they did it on purpose, but S h ! t does happen

rodeo#11
07-06-2008, 09:44 PM
yea ive come to the conclusion broken quads can be fixed quicker than broken bones so im always happy when i walk away from a wreck and not get hurt. Definatley dont want to end up like poor Jeremiah Jones. BE STRONG BUD!

shallow518
07-06-2008, 10:02 PM
ive been pretty lucky. i landed on a few people alreay now and no accidents yet. every race i get behind a few 450s that haul @$$ up to the face of a double and then brake check me at the top. by that time i aint got enough room to stop and i double it and sometimes land on someone. some how i saved my baby from a rollover a bunch of times. ill take luck over skill anyday.

07HRC450R
07-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by rodeo#11
lol yea, i knew my quad would probly end up gettin beat up pretty bad by the end of the season anyways, oh well atleast i walked away from it. And i took the steering stem out today and its bent pretty bad so i guess its time to do some rebuilding ;)
when i bent my steering stem i bought a +1 for only $199.95!!
i love it too! heres their website that i got it from www.superatv.com

rustyATV
07-07-2008, 06:47 PM
If you broke your quad, it means it wasn't fast enough, so of course you need to upgrade.

:p

Originally posted by FoxHondaRider

Yes, it is a good thing you can't; there are enough jackasses at races.

When I raced, it was 100% on my own dime, but I also paid attention to that form I put my signature on.

krt400ex
07-07-2008, 06:52 PM
jeez dude, that sux. i had a couple of mishaps wit mine yesterday too.

doing doughnuts in a grassy field and my rear tire grabbed and sent me into a one wheeled wheelie and i couldnt pull out of it. that flipped it and bent the bars...

then i landed a little rear end heavy off a jump and it bent either the rim, axle, or hub...im not sure yet cuz there its a nasty wobble and the rim doesnt look too bad. i need to rip it apart to find out.

my day wasnt as bad as yours, but it does suck when you break stuff.

07-08-2008, 03:06 AM
Dood, that sucks. But at least your ok.

I flipped mine on a high burm a month ago, bent the steering stem, and broke my nerfs and damaged my leg....still brused and limping a month later!!

Originally posted by 07HRC450R
when i bent my steering stem i bought a +1 for only $199.95!!
i love it too! heres their website that i got it from www.superatv.com

I just bought the same stem but +2, is it good quality??

Honda4lyphe
07-08-2008, 04:15 PM
I was drifting in 5th gear with the wheels spinning as hard as they can until i caught some hard dirt and a stump..to make a long story short i ended up with my foot through the net (drunk redneck friends with pocketknives, gotta love em) and a footpeg in my leg. My quad fights back when being mistreated. I was only doing it once i swear! No really, when you see a guy on a kfx showing off like that, you just gotta go. My quad wasnt hurt..but my pride was. My leg has a sweet battlehole in it too.

Allison55ex'er
08-03-2008, 11:33 AM
i know what u guys are feelin lol i crashed pretty bad a week ago at a race i dont remember what happened but i pretty much totalled out my subframe, seat, rear fenders, bars, and my back lol glad im young to heal from that one. crashing is a good reason for upgrading guys

justin1022
08-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Allison55ex'er
i know what u guys are feelin lol i crashed pretty bad a week ago at a race i dont remember what happened but i pretty much totalled out my subframe, seat, rear fenders, bars, and my back lol glad im young to heal from that one. crashing is a good reason for upgrading guys

haha i crashed at a race last year on my 400 i came short and flew over the front then stood up after like 5 flips and lookd for my quad then got knocked out.( my quad hit me from behind) broke my tail bone cracked my hip in 2 diffrent places twisted my pelvise and tore all the ligements out of my left knee... thats why i havent even raced this season yet! over winter i got surgery and i think im good to go i want to get at least one race in soon but my stupid rebuild isnt going to well..:mad: and my quad was 100% good nothing rong at all just alot of dirt jamped in my front bumper.. ha