PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a 525, need imput.

red/white04
07-06-2008, 09:01 AM
I have a Raptor 660R, Full Yosh exhaust, hotcam, 11:1 compression. jetted, dynatech rev box. I am only a length off from my old man's toomeyed banshee (he can't pull away even in sixth gear.) How will the 525 compare in performance? I have done everything under the sun to make the raptor handle, and have made leaps and bounds but I am looking for something different. The ktm has to be quicker (not nessicarily faster) or I will continue to sit on the fense. so sell me the truth fellas.

NickG5755
07-06-2008, 09:48 AM
Well , i can say i finally got to ride the 525. It was one of the best experiences ive ever had on a quad. Ive been waiting for this for a long time tho.

I had a raptor just as you did and it felt VERY comfortable to me. i never thought id find a quad that fit me so well. Until i sat on a 525 at the dealer. mannnn that thing is sooo comfyyyy...

I wentr back to order some stuff and the owner was there and i told him about the XR project i was gunna start (Hes a Honda/KTM dealer) and he was talkin about his 525 and i told him id kill to drive one. He said go around back the keys in it. I almost creamed my pants.

The bike can tractor along in the woods in 2nd or 3rd gear and take off liek a bat outta hell when you want it to. For a stock quad , the suspension was amazing.

Im getitng one.. thats all i can say. As soon as my XR is done im saving up about 2 grand for a down payment and getting one of those bikes.

The small things they do on that bike make it awsome.. From the quick release air filter to the dual drives on every bolt.

I was in love with it watching youtube videos and im adopting one the minute i have a down payment...

realbadlarry
07-06-2008, 02:06 PM
I think a fully built motor might have a little more than a stock 525, but ride wise the Raptor won't come close. I can hang with tommeyed shees up the hills, and loose them easily in the dunes. The 525 is just a lot easier to ride everywhere. Like they said, you can lug it or screem it or just cruise all around and not have it beat you up or wear you out. I'm 43 now so comfy is good. It does everything I want it to do, is stock and I just ride it without the "modded" worries. I had a crf450 at glamis (with a LOT of work) pull from the launch at the bottom of OLDS hill, he could not pull me up the hill , just killed me launching (paddle style). He was absolutly smoking every other bike on the hill. I was satisfied.