PDA

View Full Version : Cheyanne Shadron wins overall, then protested?

Ken Robey
07-06-2008, 06:45 AM
Yesterday at the Geico Mountain Ridge GNCC, Cheyanne Shadron, from Mt. Pleasant , Pa, had one of the best races of her short career and was protested by a fellow racer for it. Cheyanne, which is a girl for all of those who do not know, rode to a spectacular 1st place overall finish in the morning youth race. Cheyanne races in the 90 limited 12-15 class in the GNCC youth class. She was able to beat all of the Super mini class (Cobra's) and the 90cc modified class on her stock Apex machine. She not only won the overall, but by a margin of 1 minute and 4 seconds. The problem with all of this is that she is on a supposed to be on a bone stock machine. How is a win like this possible?
So yesterday at the race, a protest against her happened. Who it was by, I am not sure, but I know that they ride a Honda and their biggest claim is that the have over $12,000 in a STOCK MACHINE! WOW, must be really expensive tires and wheels. This is the first time I have seen or heard of an engine teardown protest in GNCC racing in the 7 years that I have been there. The fee for such a protest is $350, which was put down to have this done. Everyone stood around and watched while the teardown was in progress, hoping to see a racer caught cheating I am sure. The Apex websites were pulled up and all specifications were noted.
In the end, Cheyanne's quad is 100% stock, and the $350 put down to have her engine torn down, goes to her. What an awesome day, 1st overall and $350 bucks. This just goes to show that if you stick $12,000 into your stock machine it doesn't mean a darn thing. Cheyanne is one of the best riders I have ever seen, and for a girl, she just blows the competition away. The heart and determination that this young girl puts forth in her racing career is by far above anything I have ever seen. Off the track she is a sweet girl with all the manners of a perfect young woman, on the track, you better look out, because this she has the determination to win. She comes from a great family support system, which I am sure, helps with her drive to succeed. Her parents, Denny and Jess, her brother Jay (which is a younger version of her) all put forth a 100% effort in her racing caeer. Look for her in the future to be more than a GNCC Youth Champion. Congratulations Cheyanne, on winning your protest, and the first overall!
Just wondering though, yesterday, which WIN was the most exciting for you, the OVERALL or THE PROTEST????? Have fun spending that money!
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

witech
07-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Thats awsome.

cheryl bithell
07-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Way to show 'em what your made of Sweetie!!!! You are an excellent athelete as well as a smart, determined, beautiful young lady!!! All of us in the Bithell campsite are very proud and excited for you. CONGRATULATIONS CHEYANNE!

hr15
07-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Congrats to Cheyanne,she obviously rode a great race!

Although she is a focused racer she will not hesitate to help a fellow competitor on the track too.

cwjr
07-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Congratulations!!!!