PDA

View Full Version : NEED power cheapp anyone help with 06 kfx400????

deeroldz28
07-05-2008, 07:05 PM
hey i have a stock 06 kfx400 just got today someone cut out the baffle idk why but is there anything i can do to it myslef for more power with out spending any money even if its just something stupid idk if anyone can help lmk thanks....colt

NRPkfx400
07-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Take off your airbox lid and re jet. 5 $

cataway
07-06-2008, 05:13 AM
there are a number of things that can be done .
it would be helpful if you could tell all that has been done like has the jetting been changed and to what ?
air filter ,box lid ,spark arrester, air boot ,after that it it starts to get expensive.

deeroldz28
07-07-2008, 06:08 PM
hey thanks guys but like i said its BONE stock turd lol, the only thing is the baffle was taken out if that even matters and no jets were done what would be a good jet if all i do is take off the airbox lid because i did do that and top end went to **** and just boged????lmk thanks

drzoo2
07-07-2008, 07:01 PM
145. It doesn't run cause it's way lean when you take the cover off. Thats why it's such a great mod. Lots of HP corked up there.

z

cataway
07-07-2008, 07:22 PM
yes a 145 should work tho i would think a 142.5 may be a touch better and you may also need to change out the pilot jet to a #25
but that will prove it self , if you have to turn out the fuel screw more that 3 1/2 turns to get the quad to run right then you will know that a #25 is needed.
there is one simple mod that you may find gives a different power increase is to replace the air intake boot with one from a trx400ex,its enough of a power increase that you will feel it,2 hp any way.

deeroldz28
07-11-2008, 08:56 AM
cool thanks what yr 400 ex??? and guys i forgot to say im a dumb **** now idk if a 4 stroke carb is set up the same as a two stroke if it is im cool with it if not i neaver took a 4-stroke carb apart any thing i need to kno??? thanks

drzoo2
07-11-2008, 10:26 AM
4stroke is easier because it looses the airscrew. You have a fuel screw and pilot jet for lowend adjustment. Needle jet for mid. And main jet for high speed.

When jetting start with your fuel and pilot. Like already stated you may or may not have to change the pilot when tuning the fuel screw. After this is ballpark then move on to needle jet. There is an extra washer on top of the needle that can be used to shim it up. Also an adjustable needle can be purchased from Alba. If you get a jet kit it will include the adjustable needle. Once these are in then tune your main. The reason for starting at the bottom is each circuit plays into the next. If got your main spot on and had to tune the pilot, it may knock the main out.

z

JBacon
07-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Maybe you could look into buying a Yoshi exhaust or another brand. I love my yoshi. :D

TheNewn
07-26-2008, 12:08 AM
In my humble opinion, 4 stroke carbs are harder to adjust and tune in than 2 stroke carbs...you loose an airscrew? you GAIN a fuel screw and a couple or few other things depending on the model. Acclerator pump? leak jet? 2 stroke carbs have those things?

Camaro1976
08-06-2008, 08:30 AM
i have some parts you might want to look at. mainly the K&N kit, i'm surprised noones jumped at it yet.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3319633#newpost