PDA

View Full Version : Good Gear?

pro-rider46
07-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Im in need for some new gear soon. I dumped my new bike yesterday about 50mph, and i got some serious road rash. ill get pics later if i can. but i want to get some good gear that has like hard plastic on the arms or something that wont just rip as soon as i go down. Also im looking for a pair of pants that have something like hard plastic or something of the likes so it doesnt shred through. i have boots, just need a good pair of shirt and pants, im not looking to pay a fortune but what do you guys recomend?

hondarider101
07-05-2008, 05:59 PM
i have answer pants and shirt, but some fox pants have pads in the knees.. and stuff i would just buy some cheepo stuff.

pro-rider46
07-05-2008, 08:39 PM
see, im not going to buy cheapo stuff, i just really need good protection stuff, im on 2 wheels so its more common to fall. i need something like leather maybe

exrider12
07-05-2008, 09:27 PM
lol a leather suit w/ a@# less chaps!!! jkjkjkjk

id try either fox or troy lee for some good stuff maybe even thor

pro-rider46
07-05-2008, 10:06 PM
thanks exrider12, is shift pretty good?

gcart2
07-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
thanks exrider12, is shift pretty good?

learn to roll????

jkjk

i just picked up a 661 chest protector/back brace and it loves the hard impacts and long skids.

as far as jerseys.... they rip.. simple as that.

exrider12
07-06-2008, 09:31 AM
i think shift has some pretty decent stuff. I think troy lee would be your best bet.

NickG5755
07-06-2008, 10:26 AM
LMAO dude i told ya within the first week didint I? lmao

just look through rockymountainatvmc.com
look at the features of the gear and look for some sort of Protection..

motosport.com i think it is? is ALWAYSSS running specials on gear , helmets tires all sorts fo stuff.. rocy moutain does sometimes too...

for like 80 bucks you can get pants and a jersey and sometimes gloves...

i hear that ARC corona gear is pretty tough and its hella cheap too.

def post some pics tho... i hope you didnt hurt that bike to much :(

youll have to pass it off to me for a week with a full 5 gal gas can so i can make sure shes ok...

oh yea and safe enough for ya too..that might take another week or 2..

pro-rider46
07-06-2008, 11:18 AM
haha, they bike is fine believe it or not, its got a chewed up grip, and the hang guard is scuffed. not too bad for flipping about 6-7 times, and its was my big bulky boots, they caught the shifter, and it downshifted into 4th, locked the tire up, and down i went, my body was like a rag doll, and the funny part was, a lady across the street, was planting flowers, and not once did she look up, WTF is up with her?

well, i am going to look around on rockymountain. i was there earlier, and they have probably the best prices on gear.

NickG5755
07-06-2008, 11:21 AM
nice... thats why i just role with steel toes...

hey do you have AIM?

im lookin for somewhere to go ridin and wanted to whats out your part of pa

shoot me aPM if you got aim brah... peace