PDA

View Full Version : Long travel floats on stock A-arms?

hein886
07-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Im going to be buying fox evos and want to know if the long travels will fit on stock a-arms, Or should i buy some long travel a-arms.This is on my 450 outlaw.

Colby@C&DRacing
07-07-2008, 10:46 AM
You will get better performance from shocks that are built for the a-arms that you have. The front end of the mxr450 can acheive 11.5" of travel on the stock arms with properly built shocks.

hein886
07-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Yes, but if i want longer travel with long evos then I should get long travel a-arms?

Colby@C&DRacing
07-07-2008, 05:03 PM
if you want longtravel you need the arms and shocks

hein886
07-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Alrighty just making sure becuase polaris already has alot more travel then others. Thanks

montycarlo
07-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
You will get better performance from shocks that are built for the a-arms that you have. The front end of the mxr450 can acheive 11.5" of travel on the stock arms with properly built shocks.

What is the max length shock you'd recommend on stock arms. I might mention that owner #1 & Laz lowered the shock mount and maybe moved it out a lil' towards the ball joint. You should peek at this when we go to Watson's.

hein886
07-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by montycarlo
What is the max length shock you'd recommend on stock arms. I might mention that owner #1 & Laz lowered the shock mount and maybe moved it out a lil' towards the ball joint. You should peek at this when we go to Watson's.

Yea I would like to know that also, Im going to be ordering the shocks soon and would like to know a good length.

Aslo who makes a good jet kit?

Colby@C&DRacing
07-14-2008, 09:49 AM
The factory shock is the longest you should use with those arms. from the factory the extended length was perfect but the compressed length was wrong so we modified it to gain maximum travel. Our conversion for the stock shocks works really well it is what I use on my MXR450 in the Iowa series.

Colby@C&DRacing
07-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Moving the shock mount serves no good purpose, besides lowering the front at the cost of changing the leverage ratio on the shocks. This change in leverage is in the wrong way, the outlaw arms have a lower ratio causing the shocks to be stiff from the factory. Moving the lower shock mount out also decreases suspension travel. The shocks need to be reworked not the chassis.

montycarlo
07-14-2008, 05:52 PM
:rolleyes: Leave it to me to buy something backwoods engineered.