PDA

View Full Version : need some help

JIMFROMTEXCO
07-05-2008, 02:31 PM
would a coil from a 250x work on the 250r? my plug wire broke in the coil and i cant get it out.

also is there a way to adjust the counter balancer without removing the clutch basket and whole nine yards? i got it a little off when i put it back togeather and noticed it when i was about to put the clutch cover back on.

JIMFROMTEXCO
07-05-2008, 04:17 PM
well i got the c balancer aligned and now it will start for a sec. and thats it what can i trouble shoot for this its getting gas and spark obvously. could it be the coil wont work with it?

cdrookie
07-05-2008, 04:21 PM
if the coil has the same connection(a male flat prong?) it should work no matter what it's off of...

JIMFROMTEXCO
07-05-2008, 04:28 PM
thanks for that info crdookie. now my problem is it will start for a brief second and die.

JIMFROMTEXCO
07-05-2008, 05:41 PM
well i pulled the jug up a bit to look in my crank case. turned out it was flooded to hell. about an 1 1/4" of fuel oil mix at the bottom of the crank case. i siphoned it out and i'm gonna call it quits for the day.

cdrookie
07-06-2008, 12:03 AM
might also want to check to make sure there's no fuel in the pipe. just take it off and dump it out.

JIMFROMTEXCO
07-06-2008, 01:14 PM
eh im irritated.. slid the jug back on and bolt it all up and the damn rings snagged the intake port. this has happened multiple times on re assembly. is it because the cylinder is ported?? im really thinking about buying a stock cylinder this one is ported for top end and it dosn't really suite my needs

cdrookie
07-06-2008, 01:26 PM
the ports should be chamfered before putting it back together. i've used sandpaper to break the edge but guys with good hands can use a dremel with a flex shaft.