PDA

View Full Version : GOLF is NOT a replacement for QUADS

Crazy lil punk
07-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Well, after a little wreck at the track a month ago, my family wants me to slow down on the quad scene because I broke my left elbow for the 2nd or 3rd time, and also injured both my left and right wrists. So today I went golfing with my dad, NO GOLF CARTS, what the ***!? LOL. So, yeah, golf is cool, but my mind is still on jumps and roosts. Anyone have a similar story?

derekhonda
07-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Eh, just wait til you are 21 then you can find a whole new love for golf.

Beer a hole challenge anyone?

mx1791
07-05-2008, 02:43 PM
did you get hurt at atco? i wasnt there at the last practice

klutch
07-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Golf courses are awesome man!!! They have all those nice jumps, and nice sand spots for donuts and shooting roosts and a bunch of old guys in funky clothes cheering you on from a distance! LOL JK My dad and I always make fun of golfers I hate that sport sooo boring how can it possibly ever replace ATV Riding? :blah:

07-05-2008, 04:13 PM
alcohal actually helps most play better because it relaxes your muscles and you intern hit better shots but... it has its limits drink too much and where you think the ball i going isnt where its actually going lol

madskrillz2
07-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
alcohal actually helps most play better because it relaxes your muscles and you intern hit better shots but... it has its limits drink too much and where you think the ball i going isnt where its actually going lol

That's exactly how I feel about it. You just calm down and stop thinking so technical about your shot. I'm the same way with pool too. I'm pretty good at pool sober but get a few beers in me and I'm a freaking pool shark. But like you said, it does have it's limits. Once I get to a certain point of "drunkeness" I suck.

MX450
07-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Yea i just broke my leg and my mom wants me to stop racing now, she said.. why dont you take up golf? LOL yea right!!!:p

honda8&3
07-05-2008, 04:37 PM
lmfao:p yeah golf isn't as much adrenaline building as quads are haha who woulda thought

07-05-2008, 05:05 PM
golf with golf carts has its benefits lol golfcarts are just easier to tip, slower and worse shocks than an ATV but they will still take a jump and can be fun to drift them! A side note when launching a golfcart off a wooden ramp built at the bottom of a hill or trying to ramp it straight off a 5 foot drop off... wear a helmet and do it with only you in the cart

deathman53
07-05-2008, 05:13 PM
golf has got to be the most boring sport. Did you guys ever watch golf?? Talk about a snoozefest!!! When I was in the hospital, one of the nurses said the same thing, I should take up a safer hobby, like golf. She obviously thought there was something wrong with me, watching mx racing and afterwards snowmobile racing, while not being able to walk, shattered arm and 2 broken legs. And talking to one of my friends about quad racing. These people just don't understand the rush that atvs/dirtbikes give.

97blaster200
07-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Eh, just wait til you are 21 then you can find a whole new love for golf.

Beer a hole challenge anyone?

ill take you up on that. ill lose but i bet you ill have more fun! :devil:

Crazy lil punk
07-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by mx1791
did you get hurt at atco? i wasnt there at the last practice

yeah, I got hurt at atco at the beggining of June, I overshot the last triple in the dags, Nick said the crash looked crazy, he was right behind me. I am going to chatts tomorrow to put around since my cast is off now.

Crazy lil punk
07-05-2008, 09:34 PM
I agree with pretty much everyone, golf is cool, but quads are where it's at.

PS- I did notice there was about ever kind of Beer a man could dream of in the Pro-Shop, but $2 a can!

07-05-2008, 09:53 PM
bring your own beer lol my neighbor would bring a 12 pack or something and he would drink the whole thing yet he was the club champion for the best score at a round of golf at the place

blakefoote
07-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Crazy lil punk
Well, after a little wreck at the track a month ago, my family wants me to slow down on the quad scene because I broke my left elbow for the 2nd or 3rd time, and also injured both my left and right wrists. So today I went golfing with my dad, NO GOLF CARTS, what the ***!? LOL. So, yeah, golf is cool, but my mind is still on jumps and roosts. Anyone have a similar story?

OMG thats hilarious...dude im going through the same exact thing right now...only difference is, is that i actually had a cart and my quads are outta commission so im taking time off.... but ya ive been golfin with dad and me and dad between every shot are ranting and raving about quads....never really played just now really got into it...lol....awesome!

mx1791
07-06-2008, 12:19 AM
yeah, I got hurt at atco at the beggining of June, I overshot the last triple in the dags, Nick said the crash looked crazy, he was right behind me. I am going to chatts tomorrow to put around since my cast is off now.
yea nick was telling me about it but i didnt kno if he knew what he was talking about haha. that sucks man

ZeroLogic
07-06-2008, 12:32 AM

Yea, just don't play hackey sack drunk. And don't go after the hackey sack when someone kicks in into a pricker bush.:chinese:

scottsworld
07-06-2008, 10:20 AM
my soon to be brother in law just sold his ltr 450 to play golf instead thats crazy

400ex28
07-06-2008, 11:55 AM
:chinese:

Benjithx
07-06-2008, 12:32 PM
I suck at riding, but am a 5 handi on the golf course:D

Golf kicks ***!

07-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Benjithx

Golf kicks ***!

lol you have the probally the most kick a** 450r. is it possible to suck at riding with a quad that nice i mean it has to have some special powers or something lol

Crazy lil punk
07-06-2008, 04:53 PM
lol you have the probally the most kick a** 450r. is it possible to suck at riding with a quad that nice i mean it has to have some special powers or something lol

Nice quads don't have special powers, and neither do enclose trails, they add zero skill to the rider, but make him look like a boss when he shows up to the track, none the less, I am sure its a sweet 450.

Crazy lil punk
07-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by scottsworld
my soon to be brother in law just sold his ltr 450 to play golf instead thats crazy

Well, now you know what to say when the priest says "does any one object to the marriage of these too people" LOL

juanki
07-06-2008, 08:03 PM
i been doing these two hobbies for a long time (atv and golf) i do the riding when i want to get the stress out, and the golfing when need time to think and relax, altho when i play bad i feel stressed, lol. usualy golf on sat. and atv on sun.

hondarider101
07-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Benjithx

Golf kicks ***!

ok well send that 450r over to me and i will put it to great use!!

Benjithx
07-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Problem is that I broke my hand a while back and haven't done much of either lately. I did tweak the jetting on project black today and then rode around for a while. That thing is crazy by the way!

I won't be able to swing a club for another 2 weeks because of my hand though :mad:

honda250xman
07-06-2008, 11:40 PM
golf is where its at! especially when you can afford to do both haha. i play and ride like every week. i even get to play in tournaments then turn around a race too. its awesome. golf is where its at. for show haha

CNC_guy
07-07-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm a rider, golfer, paintballer and driveway hoops king. Diversity is where it's at.

07-07-2008, 09:43 AM
i can ride my bike with no handlebars

fastredrider44
07-07-2008, 01:11 PM
I agree. Diversity IS where its at. I don't exactly have enough money to have the nicest of everything, but I have enough to get me by. I love golf.

Crazy lil punk
07-07-2008, 05:14 PM
i can ride my bike with no handlebars

No handle bars, no handle bars, HEROIC statement right there Fox^^

prepracing
07-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by CNC_guy
I'm a rider, golfer, paintballer and driveway hoops king. Diversity is where it's at.

AMEN brother....... I ride GNCC and play golf ( and love both ) not to mention a handful of other sport/hobbies. For all you naysayers don't knock anything until you try it. I'll admit golf on tv is not where its at, but for that fact neither is tennis, baseball, hockey, fishing. As with all sports the only way to judge it is to experience it.

mooseracerX
07-13-2008, 02:03 PM
I pretty much had the same thing. Started golfing last year with my friend. I was looking forward to golfing this year went out twice and said **** this I suck at this. Sold my clubs for Honda parts. :rolleyes: :macho

300ex16
07-13-2008, 11:18 PM
im 16 and my dad and his friend aalways golf so me and a few race buddies tried it we ended up ditchin our clubs somewhere and racing on the cart path AWSOME TIME LOL:D