PDA

View Full Version : Ice Racing and swaybar

fourtrax400ex
12-03-2002, 05:55 AM
hello guys, im doing ice racing for my second year now, i made my own swaybar this summer but someone know how to adjust the swaybar correctly for have the maximum of traction?? for those who doing ice or ttracing, did you just try many setup and keep the best or there is a similar setup for everyone?? i finished 5th or 14th last year, this year i hope to ride in front of some banshee and 250r! thanks

Burden7
12-03-2002, 01:20 PM
You will need to setup the swaybar so that more weight is on the left rear than the right rear. To do this you need to scale the rear of the quad. The easiest way would be to set the tire pressures to the same that you would normally run at a race and then put the rear tires on a set of bathroom scales. I would start with the left side of the swaybar adjusted to the shortest lenght. That way you will only have to worry about adjusting the right side of the swaybar. To get more weight on the left rear just lengthen the right side of the swaybar. I normally start out with anywhere from 25 - 35lbs difference in weight from the left rear to the right rear. I have only raced on dirt and don't really know if the same will apply to ice, but I don't think it will hurt you any.

fourtrax400ex
12-04-2002, 12:27 PM
thanks a lot burden7, i will try that, it a good trick to know the difference and the effect that the sway bar do to the rear wheel, i will check this this week, my friends have already start to practice on lake last weekend, thanks